ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian e-Visa without Surrender of Indian Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anub2016
Mood:

Indian e-Visa without Surrender of Indian Passport

Post by anub2016 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:43 pm

Hi,

I have recently received my British Passport and intend to visit India.

However, I won't have enough time to Surrender my Indian Passport (which still has validity) due to shortage of appointments at the VFS.

As such, I am planning to apply for the e-Visa.

Please could you help me with my queries in this regard.

* Can I apply for the e-Visa without surrendering my Indian Passport and then surrender the Passport later on my return to the UK?

* Citizenship/National Id No? Should British Citizens populate NA for this question?

* Any other valid Passport / Identity Certificate (IC) held?
Since I have not surrendered my Indian Passport yet, how should this question be answered?

* Have you ever visited India before?
I have gone to India for vacation before my British Citizenship, but as an Indian Citizen. What should I answer to this question?

Many Thanks.

anub2016
Mood:

Re: Indian e-Visa without Surrender of Indian Passport

Post by anub2016 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Could I please request my queries to be answered as I need to apply for an e-Visa soon?

Also, on an e-Tourist visa, could I re-enter India within 2 months of my last visit or should there be a gap of 2 months before re-entry? This requirement is not very clear for an Indian e-Tourist visa.

Many Thanks