ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa route for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Morobek
South Africa

Visa route for parents

Post by Morobek » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:19 am

Hi there, wife and I have ILR, curious whether there is a visa route for parents who don’t live in the UK( a route to bring them to the UK on a permanent basis as we’re their primary care givers) ? Is there a route to “sponsor” them, and if so can you point me to the site with costs etc?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Visa route for parents

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:33 am

There is an ADR (adult dependent relative) visa, but refusl rate is extremetly high (and if attempted, it'll be near impossible to get them a visitor visa). See this thread - post2098409.html#p2098409
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 pm

Highly unlikely your parents who would be South African based in your flag will get an ADR visa. It is possible for you to continue to support them financially given the favourable exchange rate. Pensioners also get free medical care anyway if they don't have medical aid.

The uk does not have or encourage family chain migration like some countries do.

Unless either parent has a UK born grandparent to qualify for an acenstry visa, there is no route for them really
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Morobek
South Africa

Post by Morobek » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:59 pm

Much appreciated - thanks for the feedback!