ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correcting a mistake on my naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MadAsAWriter
Newly Registered

Re: Correcting a mistake on my naturalisation certificate

Post by MadAsAWriter » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 am

I am in a similar situation.

My certificate omitted my middle name (only realised when I applied for a UK passport and was denied as my French passport has my middle name).

February 9, 2022 my amendment request was delivered (tracked) with my French passport as proof of identity.

April 4, 2022 I wrote to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and received a reply April 5th that "Your request to have your certificate amended has been complete and will be sent to you within the next 2 weeks."

May 12, 2022 I emailed again for an update. I still have not heard back (today is June 3rd).

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:41 pm

yomishu wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:26 pm
Hi Just a update

Cover letter, original cert, supporting docs received by HO - 05/05/2021
Calls made and email sent to them on 12th May and 17th May
Email received from them today just stating that the package as arrived now

I'm bit surprised that they received it on 5th May and i have signed proof as well. I guess it takes 2 weeks to reach that department. Now god only knows when they will start assessing the file :(
Hi did you get your certificate?

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:08 pm

MadAsAWriter wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 am
I am in a similar situation.

My certificate omitted my middle name (only realised when I applied for a UK passport and was denied as my French passport has my middle name).

February 9, 2022 my amendment request was delivered (tracked) with my French passport as proof of identity.

April 4, 2022 I wrote to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and received a reply April 5th that "Your request to have your certificate amended has been complete and will be sent to you within the next 2 weeks."

May 12, 2022 I emailed again for an update. I still have not heard back (today is June 3rd).
Hi did you get your amended certificate?

MadAsAWriter
Newly Registered

Post by MadAsAWriter » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:22 pm

Hi! Yes mine came on June 28th and I sent it to the UK Passport Office (where I had an application on hold awaiting the change) and my British passport came today!

Total timeline:

Feb 9 2022 my amendment request was received (tracked).
April 4 emailed FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
April 5 received a reply that my request was complete and would be mailed in the next two weeks.
May 12 emailed again.
June 10 received a reply: "Apologies, but your amendment request is still being reviewed by a caseworker. Once they've completed their investigation or if further documents are required they will contact you."
June 27 received a physical letter informing me that my certificate would be issued soon and returning my verification documents (my French passport and copy of my birth certificate).
June 28 my certificate arrived! I immediately scanned it for my records and sent the original to the Passport Office (along with a photocopy of my French passport) to complete my passport application.

I hope everyone receives theirs soon.

Brahim1347
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Brahim1347 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:57 am

Hi everyone,
I hope you guys are doing well.
I am in similar position to this, I have applied for British passport after I received my nationality.
Its been nearly 3 months since i applied, when I track my application it say document received.
I contacted my MP for help and when they contacted the HMPO they said there is an error in my nationality and needs reissue .
My question is did you guys receive your nationality back and you send it yourself for correction or the HMPO did it for you.
And when you guys were tracking your application what was it saying? Was it showing anything that show that your application is on hold or anything?
Thank you

kimelsa21
Newly Registered
India

Post by kimelsa21 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:22 am

Hi All,

I'm in a similar position as well. My daughter's British citizenship certificate had her first name misspelled by the case worker and I sent the RR form along with all supporting documents on 19th July. It was delivered on 20th July and have proof of delivery with signature. I sent them a follow up email to Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk on 7th September but received an automated message saying that they will respond within 20 working days. I sent them another email on 5th October and same automated response. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do please.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:15 am

Standard processing times are 6 months, so at the moment not much else that can be done. Their response time is slow at the moment because of the huge backlog in applications.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

kubasak
Newly Registered

Post by kubasak » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:40 am

Does anybody knows how long it takes to have a duplicate Certificate? If it’s lost ?

nag_kumar
Newly Registered

Post by nag_kumar » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:07 pm

I am trying to fill Form RR and I have a query. In the beginning of the form, it is asking for "any reference numbers used in your previous immigration applications". I am not sure what to enter here. in our ILR confirmation letter from home office, there is a case ID. Do I need to enter the case ID here?

Salsero_007
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Salsero_007 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:44 am

nag_kumar wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:07 pm
I am trying to fill Form RR and I have a query. In the beginning of the form, it is asking for "any reference numbers used in your previous immigration applications". I am not sure what to enter here. in our ILR confirmation letter from home office, there is a case ID. Do I need to enter the case ID here?
We used case IDs from previous visa applications (before ILR). Basically to link the cases, to speed up the process.

ntruong
Newly Registered

Post by ntruong » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:15 pm

I am currently in the same situation. Sent the RR form together with original certificate back in Sep 2022.

It has been nearly 6 months now. I also tried sending emails to HO and also contacted my local MP but still nothing from HO so far

Does anyone have any advice on what I could do etc… ?

Also is there a possible way to travel outside the UK ?