ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency Travel during Tourist visa processing time

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newjoiner123
Newly Registered

Emergency Travel during Tourist visa processing time

Post by newjoiner123 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:54 pm

Hi,

I have a tourist visa appointment in the coming weeks in London. I believe the standard processing time for the visa is 7-10 working days and the passport will be with the embassy during that time.

If there is a need to travel outside the country on an emergency situation during the visa processing time could anyone guide me how to get the passport back.

I am not a UK Citizen. Currently holding different country passport.

Have aged parents back home hence trying to have all the details before I handover my passport.

Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Emergency Travel during Tourist visa processing time

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:09 am

newjoiner123 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:54 pm
Hi,

I have a tourist visa appointment in the coming weeks in London. I believe the standard processing time for the visa is 7-10 working days and the passport will be with the embassy during that time.

If there is a need to travel outside the country on an emergency situation during the visa processing time could anyone guide me how to get the passport back.

I am not a UK Citizen. Currently holding different country passport.

Have aged parents back home hence trying to have all the details before I handover my passport.

Regards
Like every other country visa application. Once you hand over your passport, that's it. You can't pause and resume the process when you like. It doesn't work like that.

It's either you go all in or you go all out. No in-between I'm afraid.

Especially with the US!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!