ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sachink0201
India

British Citizenship

Post by sachink0201 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:27 pm

Hi Forum Members,

My wife, me and my son (age 10, born in India) are applying for British Citizenship. We have ILR since Jul 2021. We first came to the UK in 2013 on T2 ICT (I was main applicant). Then in 2016, my wife switched to T2 General with me and my son as her dependent. Therefore, 2016-2021 on T2G enabled us to get ILR.

I have following questions:

1. The form for my son doesn’t ask for absence from UK data? Is there something wrong that I am doing with the form?

2. I have 50 plus absences. The form allows me to list 30 only. Should I add others in a separate paper as additional info?

3. A question asks ‘Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in UK or abroad?’. Should I answer YES and state about my 2013 T2 ICT application or no?

4. On the same lines as above, a question asks - when did you first arrive in the UK? Should I enter 2016 date (on T2G) or should I enter 2013 date (arrived in UK with T2 ICT)

5. Can I travel outside UK when my AN1 application is in progress?

TIA 🙏🙏🙏

Best,
Sachin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:44 pm

1. Children don't have absence limits.

2. Yes

3. All previous immigration applications, visas and ILR.

4. Date you arrived initially.

5. Yes, free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sachink0201
India

Post by sachink0201 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:25 pm

Thank you very much!! Much appreciated

On 3 - just to be clear, does this include Visit Visas also? My first UK visit visa was back in 2007, then one in 2009 etc. So, do I need to enter all these?

On 4 - So, which date I need to enter? The date I first arrived on visit visa back in 2007? Or Date I arrived on ICT T2 leave to remain visa?

A big thank you for your support CR001 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:36 pm

On 3. No, not visit visa as it is not possible to stay long term etc in a visitor visa.

On 4. Ict visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sachink0201
India

Post by sachink0201 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:23 pm

Dear Forum Moderators

Couple of more questions:

1. The form asks me “proof of living in the UK for 5 years”. What document types can I submit?

2. Is there a list of documents for AN (British Citizenship) that I can refer to apart from the checklist that UKVI generated? In other words, are there any other best practice documents that I should submit?

TIA 🙏🙏🙏

Best,
Sachin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:27 pm

1. Passports covering the last 5 years.

2. Read the guidance notes. Minimal documents required. Do not submit unnecessary documents you think are needed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sachink0201
India

Post by sachink0201 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 pm

Thanks a ton!

One quick point: the document checklist states that a letter of consent needs to be submitted for my minor son who is also applying with me and my wife on same application.

Is such a letter really needed when both parents are applying at the same time? If yes, is there a template for such letter?

Also, when I applied for ILR - there was a family consent form that was needed to be signed. I don’t see anything similar stated on checklist; is that still needed?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:50 am

sachink0201 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 pm
Thanks a ton!

One quick point: the document checklist states that a letter of consent needs to be submitted for my minor son who is also applying with me and my wife on same application.

Is such a letter really needed when both parents are applying at the same time? If yes, is there a template for such letter?
You should not try to rationalise with HO, if the LoC is asked for, simply provide it. Not aware of a template. A letter stating you consent to it being done for your child should suffice. May go further to indicate that child's parents are also applying.
Also, when I applied for ILR - there was a family consent form that was needed to be signed. I don’t see anything similar stated on checklist; is that still needed? ILR and citizenship are different.

sathyauk
India

Post by sathyauk » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:25 pm

Is such a letter really needed when both parents are applying at the same time? If yes, is there a template for such letter? - Once you filled your applications, HO will provide you the referee and consent form to download