ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Child born in UK and lived for 7 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jjbakerr
Newly Registered

ILR - Child born in UK and lived for 7 years

Post by Jjbakerr » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:12 pm

Hi there,

I plan on applying for ILR for my son who was born in the uk , never left the country and will be 7 years old in 2weeks.

Is this route eligible for super priority service?

I tried check on gov.uk but the info isn’t clear

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - Child born in UK and lived for 7 years

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:24 pm

For a UK-born child:
PL 13.1. The applicant must have been born in the UK and must provide a full UK birth certificate.

PL 13.2. The applicant must have lived continuously in the UK since their birth and for at least 7 years at the date of application.

PL 13.3. The decision maker must be satisfied that it is not reasonable to expect the applicant to leave the UK.
What is your immigration status ? In the application you will need to be explain why it isn’t reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:01 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:24 pm
For a UK-born child:
PL 13.1. The applicant must have been born in the UK and must provide a full UK birth certificate.

PL 13.2. The applicant must have lived continuously in the UK since their birth and for at least 7 years at the date of application.

PL 13.3. The decision maker must be satisfied that it is not reasonable to expect the applicant to leave the UK.
What is your immigration status ? In the application you will need to be explain why it isn’t reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK
Op posted this week about their status.

immigration-for-family-members/dependen ... l#p2101011
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jjbakerr
Newly Registered

Post by Jjbakerr » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:35 am

zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:24 pm
For a UK-born child:

I have leave to remain as a parent of a British child.
Yes I am aware of the reasonable test and I have enough evidence meet the threshold.

Are you aware if there’s super priority service available for ILR under this route ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:54 am

Super priority may not be available on this route

Where to apply: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ment-child
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jjbakerr
Newly Registered

Post by Jjbakerr » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:08 pm

I have started the application and reached the payment section. My child turns 7 on Friday, so can I pay and complete the application today and book a biometric appointment for after Friday?
Or
Wait till Friday when he turns 7 years old before paying and submitting the application?

Also is anyone aware roughly how long this new applications are taking?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:15 pm

Jjbakerr wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:08 pm
I have started the application and reached the payment section. My child turns 7 on Friday, so can I pay and complete the application today and book a biometric appointment for after Friday?
Or
Wait till Friday when he turns 7 years old before paying and submitting the application?

Also is anyone aware roughly how long this new applications are taking?
It is fine to apply now. ILR takes up to 6 months via the standard service