ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying in UK on Vistor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

has1989
Pakistan

Staying in UK on Vistor Visa

Post by has1989 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:31 pm

I am a British Citizen and have a child who is also British. My wife is not British and she has visitor visa approved for 5 years. My son soon will be going to school in UK. Can my wife stay in UK as long as her visa is valid on exiting and coming back to UK every 6 months.

Thanks

razergd1
Israel

Re: Staying in UK on Vistor Visa

Post by razergd1 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:43 pm

No,

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor

You cannot live in the UK through frequent visits on a visitor permit.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:02 pm

see similar post - post2100888.html#p2100888
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:07 am

has1989 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:31 pm
I am a British Citizen and have a child who is also British. My wife is not British and she has visitor visa approved for 5 years. My son soon will be going to school in UK. Can my wife stay in UK as long as her visa is valid on exiting and coming back to UK every 6 months. No

Thanks
No as she can not be residing in UK under the guide of long term visitor visa she can't be in UK longer than time spent in her home country.
Do you meet up with requirements for spouse visa? If yes that's your reasonable path.