ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Place of Birth on settlement BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Wrong Place of Birth on settlement BRP

Post by Sofia123 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:22 am

My husband as a spouse of British Citizen (myself) applied for ILR recently via super priority and has been granted ILR within 5 hours of biometrics registration.

In the next 2 days, we received his BRP and noticed that with his place of birth his dad's surname is added for example "Lahore Ullah". There should be correct place of birth "Lahore" on the BRP card.

I checked his previous (second) BRP it also has same mistake of place of birth "Lahore Ullah", which my husband could not noticed since it was issued 2 years ago and the mistake was not rectified. However, his first BRP has correct place of birth written as "Lahore".

There are 10 days to inform them of the mistake on the card. I filled online form for BRP errors, 2 days ago and got reply today that there is no mistake in the place of birth written on the BRP according to the home office records. The email says this:

Good Morning,

Thank you for notifying us of a possible error on a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

We have investigated this matter and the information shown on the BRP is correct according to Home Office records.

If you still believe the BRP is incorrect, you should first consult the guidance on our website at https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration or you may contact the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre; information for this is available at: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk.

If this still does not answer your query, you may contact a case work team by writing to the address provided on letters received from the Home Office; in particular, Decision letters.

If an application was made at a Service and Support Centre (SSC), please contact the office attended at the time of the application. Please note we are unable to provide you with any further details regarding the case work team.

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Kind Regards,

Xxxxx

BRP Error Team

We have filled again the online form and this time also ticked as faulty BRP and have given explanation that place of Birth is "Lahore" not "Lahore Ullah".

We have not made any mistake in filling the application form and his passport and ID card has correct place of birth as Lahore.

Can anyone advise or shed light how we can get it corrected?

We needed to apply for Naturalisation as my hubby meets the requirements, however, because of this mistake it is delayed.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Wrong Place of Birth on settlement BRP

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:29 am

Sofia123 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:22 am
My husband as a spouse of British Citizen (myself) applied for ILR recently via super priority and has been granted ILR within 5 hours of biometrics registration.

In the next 2 days, we received his BRP and noticed that with his place of birth his dad's surname is added for example "Lahore Ullah". There should be correct place of birth "Lahore" on the BRP card.

I checked his previous (second) BRP it also has same mistake of place of birth "Lahore Ullah", which my husband could not noticed since it was issued 2 years ago and the mistake was not rectified. However, his first BRP has correct place of birth written as "Lahore".

There are 10 days to inform them of the mistake on the card. I filled online form for BRP errors, 2 days ago and got reply today that there is no mistake in the place of birth written on the BRP according to the home office records. The email says this:

Good Morning,

Thank you for notifying us of a possible error on a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

We have investigated this matter and the information shown on the BRP is correct according to Home Office records. Keep aside that the recent application had correct detail of place of birth. A lie repeated often enough soon becomes the truth. The previous or first error of place of birth went unchallenged and the BRP ran its course hence why HO can state that as per their records what's printed on the new BRP is correct.

If you still believe the BRP is incorrect, you should first consult the guidance on our website at https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration or you may contact the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre; information for this is available at: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk.

If this still does not answer your query, you may contact a case work team by writing to the address provided on letters received from the Home Office; in particular, Decision letters.

If an application was made at a Service and Support Centre (SSC), please contact the office attended at the time of the application. Please note we are unable to provide you with any further details regarding the case work team.

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Kind Regards,

Xxxxx

BRP Error Team

We have filled again the online form and this time also ticked as faulty BRP and have given explanation that place of Birth is "Lahore" not "Lahore Ullah".

We have not made any mistake in filling the application form and his passport and ID card has correct place of birth as Lahore.

Can anyone advise or shed light how we can get it corrected? Keep on the track you are on for the correction and hopefully gets sorted.

We needed to apply for Naturalisation as my hubby meets the requirements, however, because of this mistake it is delayed.

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:30 pm

Thanks a lot for your advice. We will be calling the home office number and raising the complaint to get it corrected. I wish I could have noticed this before applying for his successful ILR application and it would have not repeated.

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:06 am

Update:

Yesterday we received this email from home office as response to filling the BRP error form 2nd time. It says:

Thank you for reporting a problem with your new BRP.

We have reviewed your request and can confirm that your BRP has been amended.

Please find below the amended decision letter for your indefinite leave to remain application dated 16/01/2023. Please ensure this is retained for your records.

Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful.
What happens next
You will receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) by courier within 7 working days. It is your BRP, not this letter, that is the official document that grants you status.

Thank God it is done. Last time when we received email on 16/01/2023 of successful application we got BRP in 48 hours. Hopefully we will get amended BRP today or tomorrow. Thanks everyone for supporting us. Now we are free to apply for Naturalisation.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:32 am

Sofia123 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:06 am
Update:

Yesterday we received this email from home office as response to filling the BRP error form 2nd time. It says:

Thank you for reporting a problem with your new BRP.

We have reviewed your request and can confirm that your BRP has been amended.

Please find below the amended decision letter for your indefinite leave to remain application dated 16/01/2023. Please ensure this is retained for your records.

Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful.
What happens next
You will receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) by courier within 7 working days. It is your BRP, not this letter, that is the official document that grants you status.

Thank God it is done. Last time when we received email on 16/01/2023 of successful application we got BRP in 48 hours. Hopefully we will get amended BRP today or tomorrow. Thanks everyone for supporting us. Now we are free to apply for Naturalisation.
Congratulations

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:03 pm

Thanks a lot AmazonianX.

Sofia123
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia123 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:00 am

We have received the amended settlement BRP with correct place of birth.

There is no advice on what to do with the ILR BRP with incorrect place of birth.

Shall we send it back to home office or not?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:26 am

Sofia123 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:00 am
We have received the amended settlement BRP with correct place of birth.

There is no advice on what to do with the ILR BRP with incorrect place of birth.

Shall we send it back to home office or not? Send it back
Congratulations, and a quick resolution this was.