ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

basha87
Newly Registered
India

Visitor Visa Question

Post by basha87 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:21 pm

Hi,

My mother recently visited UK and stayed here for about 5 months and we are planning to apply visitor visa again targeting travel after 4 months. I understand the visa/entry might be denied considering the reason around 'frequent visit may make UK as their main home'. However, the 2nd visit is mainly to support medical condition of my 2 year old child so just wanted to check if there is any chance of getting visa around the same and if not is there any other visa category that we can apply to bring my mother. Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa Question

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:08 pm

How long did she state in her last application that she would be visiting the UK for? Did she state she was staying for 5 months?

She cannot be spending more time in the UK in a 12 month period than she does in her home country. That would be attempting to reside in the uk under the gyuse of being a visitor.

She also cannot come to the UK to be a carer for your child. That is considered working and not permitted on a visitor visa.

How long is she planning to stay if she gets another visitor visa? If she is refused entry to the UK, future visitor visa will become increasingly difficult.

There is no other visa that she likely qualifies for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.