ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sathyauk
India

Citizenship Ceremony Query

Post by sathyauk » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:50 pm

Hi,

I have received my naturalization approval and invitation from my council for ceremony.

Ceremony details received for myself and my wife but not received for my daughter(she is 16 years)
will the council send the certificate by post or what's the process to collect minor certificates.

Appreciate of any help.

Thanks in advance

meself2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Ceremony Query

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:54 pm

sathyauk wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:50 pm
will the council send the certificate by post or what's the process to collect minor certificates.
Minors don't need to attend the ceremony as they're registered, not naturalized.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:01 pm

While I was finding sources, edit timer has ran out.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-welsh
Children under 18 who have applied with their parents may attend a ceremony with other members of the family, to collect their certificate.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:05 pm

When a family applies together, the child's certificate is given to you at the ceremony usually, although they do not participate in the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sathyauk
India

Post by sathyauk » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:20 am

Thanks you very much