ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for 2years - Required docs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Visitor Visa for 2years - Medical treatment ( while visiting last time in uk)

Post by JB007 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:38 am

adi21 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:18 pm
When they registered they had blood test, a.medicinne was prescribed for my mom which was emergency n my dad for eczema. But no charge was taken as both of them r over 65.
If the blood was tested outside of the GP's surgery, they had to pay as they were in the UK as visitors. There is no free NHS treatment because a visitor is over 65.

If their country has a reciprocal visitor health agreement with the UK, that might mean they didn't have to pay, but that depends on what type of agreement their country holds with the UK.

adi21 wrote:
As GP had no record n only thing is their.nhs number.so shall I disclose or avoid it.
You could pay it, fortunately that won't be much. Get the receipt and then they can (should) be honest in their visitor visa application. You should be able to claim that money back from the travel/health insurance they had.

Having an NHS number does not mean they get treatment for free. The NHS number is a unique number as it holds their medical record and treatment.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Visitor Visa for 2years - Medical treatment ( while visiting last time in uk)

Post by JB007 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:27 pm

For NHS England

Any treatment you have to pay for will be charged at 150% of the national NHS rate.

Travel insurance

The government always advises visitors to the UK to take out travel or health insurance. This means that you can reclaim any healthcare costs you are required to pay from your insurer.

Check your insurance has the necessary healthcare coverage to make sure you can get the treatment you need during your visit.

Insurance is particularly important for those with a pre-existing health condition. You must tell your insurance company about any health conditions you have to make sure you can get the cover you need.

Speak to your doctor for advice before you travel and make plans for how to care for your condition when you are in the UK. You should also bring your health condition identification or a letter saying what medication you are taking.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare- ... ing-the-uk

The bit I embolded, is because in England, visitors pay the NHS and then reclaim that cost from their travel insurer.

adi21
Bangladesh

Post by adi21 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:09 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:27 pm
For NHS England

Any treatment you have to pay for will be charged at 150% of the national NHS rate.

Travel insurance

The government always advises visitors to the UK to take out travel or health insurance. This means that you can reclaim any healthcare costs you are required to pay from your insurer.

Check your insurance has the necessary healthcare coverage to make sure you can get the treatment you need during your visit.

Insurance is particularly important for those with a pre-existing health condition. You must tell your insurance company about any health conditions you have to make sure you can get the cover you need.

Speak to your doctor for advice before you travel and make plans for how to care for your condition when you are in the UK. You should also bring your health condition identification or a letter saying what medication you are taking.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare- ... ing-the-uk

The bit I embolded, is because in England, visitors pay the NHS and then reclaim that cost from their travel insurer.

Thanks. They r from Bangladesh not EU countries.

adi21
Bangladesh

Post by adi21 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:33 pm

adi21 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:07 pm
JB007 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:38 am
adi21 wrote:
When they registered they had blood test, a.medicinne was prescribed for my mom which was emergency n my dad for eczema. But no charge was taken as both of them r over 65.
If the blood was tested outside of the GP's surgery, they had to pay as they were in the UK as visitors. There is no free NHS treatment because a visitor is over 65.

If their country has a reciprocal visitor health agreement with the UK, that might mean they didn't have to pay, but that depends on what type of agreement their country holds with the UK.

adi21 wrote:
As GP had no record n only thing is their.nhs number.so shall I disclose or avoid it.
You could pay it, fortunately that won't be much. Get the receipt and then they can (should) be honest in their visitor visa application. You should be able to claim that money back from the travel/health insurance they had.

Having an NHS number does not mean they get treatment for free. The NHS number is a unique number as it holds their medical record and treatment.

Thank you so much.
Can you advise how can I pay? I have talked to the GP surgery n NHS but they are saying they don't need to pay because they r over 65. I will try my best.
So now( they need to apply because my due date is knocking at the door) if I can't find out the receipt from them shall I mention in the visa application in detail n say that they r ready to pay but unable to finding out the process as GP says they don't need to pay.if Any process is given then they r ready to pay for it.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Visitor Visa for 2years - Required docs

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:02 am

If you can get the response of GP and NHS that no need to pay in writing such that if no means to pay as you are trying to is found, you may present the written response .

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:39 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:02 am
If you can get the response of GP and NHS that no need to pay in writing such that if no means to pay as you are trying to is found, you may present the written response .
For NHS England-

In addition to the above, you could contact your primary care service and ask for bill for anything your parents should have paid for.
https://www.england.nhs.uk/get-involved ... imarycare/
AND
https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/

You could also ask the GP where your parents tests were processed. If it was at hospital, you could contact the OVM (overseas visitor manager) of that hospital, who would be able to raise a bill and give a receipt when paid.

adi21
Bangladesh

Post by adi21 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:29 pm

JB007 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:39 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:02 am
For NHS England-

In addition to the above, you could contact your primary care service and ask for bill for anything your parents should have paid for.
https://www.england.nhs.uk/get-involved ... imarycare/
AND
https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/

You could also ask the GP where your parent's tests were processed. If it was at the hospital, you could contact the OVM (overseas visitor manager) of that hospital, who would be able to raise a bill and give a receipt when paid.
Hi, Thanks for providing valuable information. I am unable to find out the overseas manager number for the manchester royal infirmary. And after contacting GP they said my parent's records are inactive. as their registration is suspended after visa expiry. Now I will try to ask them for a letter to write down that no payment is due. Hopefully, they will help me. Any suggestions are much appreciated. thanks.

adi21
Bangladesh

Post by adi21 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:00 pm

Hi,
Regarding visa fee payment from Bangladesh. Now there is no cash payment , visa fee need to pay online.
My parents don't have international visa card . Can I pay their visa fee? They will give back to me later. Or it will be issue n should I mention it on application?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:08 pm

adi21 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:00 pm
Hi,
Regarding visa fee payment from Bangladesh. Now there is no cash payment , visa fee need to pay online.
My parents don't have international visa card . Can I pay their visa fee? They will give back to me later. Or it will be issue n should I mention it on application?

Thanks
No issue, you can pay for them with no need mentioning it in application.

adi21
Bangladesh

Post by adi21 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:13 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:08 pm
adi21 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:00 pm
Hi,

Thanks
No issue, you can pay for them with no need mentioning it in application.

thank u so much.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:39 pm

adi21 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:29 pm
I am unable to find out the overseas manager number for the manchester royal infirmary.
Why not just go to the hospital and ask to speak to member of the Overseas Visitor Management team about possible payment owed? That should make somebody come and see you from that office

At hospital, only treatment while visiting A&E is free (under the present rules) unless there is a reciprocal agreement. Even visitors from the EU need to show their EHICs at an A&E in England.

Moka
Newly Registered

Post by Moka » Thu May 04, 2023 9:28 pm

Hi ,

Did you find any solution, during the Covid I did register them but we got prescription and pharmacy didn’t accept the payment as they are over 65, also they did blood test in GP surgery.