ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Approved BUT Failed Medical Test, Pls Help!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Black_Mamba
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa Approved BUT Failed Medical Test, Pls Help!!

Post by Black_Mamba » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Hello

I just found this board and i'm hoping to get some advice from its knowledgable members.

Here in India the BHC requires settlement visa applicants to go through a medical examination before they issue the visa.

I was told by the ECO that my visa is approved, was handed an envelope for the doctor so i went for the medical where the examining doctor told me that i'm diabetic,have high blood pressure ( alittle) and traces of protein were found in the urine analysis.

After few days i got a call from the BHC and was told my medical report is not good.They have asked me to go for another medical examination by the same doctor.

I'm on medication for all those problems listed by the doctor and i'm really trying to get my blood glusoce lever under control but progress is slow no matter what i try (its only been a few days).

Should i go for the medical now or wait until my diabetes is completely under control ? If i wait it could take weeks or even months before its all good and i've been away from my wife and my 3 yr old daughter for 5 months already and its really frustrating to know that its not over yet , i wanna go before christmas/new yr eve

If anyone here has had a similar experience please do advice what to do, should i go now or later ?

Can they refuse me coz of my medical condition ? would i really have to wait until my diabetes n blood pressure is back to normal.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

johnny

Post by johnny » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:57 pm

i don t much about this medical tests because it s not required wher i come from
but just logically i guess they ask for a medical examination looking for illnesses like TB and other contageous deseases, so diabeteic and blood pressure is not a reason to stop you from going

Black_Mamba
Newly Registered

Post by Black_Mamba » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:10 am

Thanks for a quick reply johnny, appreciate it.

Yes logically there shouldnt be a problem, hope somebody could shed some light on the topic who's been there or atleast know of somebody who had to go for a Re-medical.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:38 pm

There are two reasons for getting a medical. One, to find out, if you have any contagious diseases, and the second, if when you come, will you be a burden on the NHS straightaway.

I think, your reports need to improve before you will get a visa issued.
Skeptic

Black_Mamba
Newly Registered

Post by Black_Mamba » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:42 pm

RiFF wrote:There are two reasons for getting a medical. One, to find out, if you have any contagious diseases, and the second, if when you come, will you be a burden on the NHS straightaway.

I think, your reports need to improve before you will get a visa issued.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Is there something in the UK immigration law according to which they could refuse a visa to somebody who has an illness which is not harmful to others. Could they justy say "You will be a burden to NHS so u can't have the visa" ?

I have been trying to improve my sugar levels n BP, and it is looking better than before BUT surely doctors at BHC would know that diabetes is not curable, it can be controlled but not completely cured.

If off to Delhi for the medical on Monday. Lets see what happens

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Yes, here is the relevant paragraph from the immigration law:

37. Where the Medical Inspector advises that a person seeking entry is suffering from a specified disease or condition which may interfere with his ability to support himself or his dependants, the Immigration Officer should take account of this, in conjunction with other factors, in deciding whether to admit that person. The Immigration Officer should also take account of the Medical Inspector's assessment of the likely course of treatment in deciding whether a person seeking entry for private medical treatment has sufficient means at his disposal.

You can see that, you can be referred continuously to a medical inspector until your medical condition improves or just plain postponed until you are fit enough for entry clearance.

Good Luck with the medical mate
Skeptic