ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu married to EU - settled status, FURTHER evidence??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Delboy85
Newly Registered

Non Eu married to EU - settled status, FURTHER evidence??

Post by Delboy85 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:40 pm

Hey everyone!

So here goes… Finally my husband has been in the UK for 5 years and is now eligible to apply For settled status, the checks completed and came back saying to upload 6 months proof of residencey of 2018, no problem we have that, 3 weeks to the day pass and we get a email asking for the same period of evidence plus 4 more months? IE January to October,10 months, surely its only 6 months in every 12 month period?, it also says " or ANY other qualifying period".. being confused as I have already provided 6 months, I call the centre, I get a recorded message saying theres a backlog and applicants have been receiving email asking for more of the same evidence again and to IGNORE THE EMAIL! I was not about to do this!

I stay on the line and I encounter a really pleasant woman who looked into this for me.. together we went through the evidence I uploaded and she concurred that it was 6 months evidence etc, and went to speak to a "colleague " she came back and said, do you have March? if you have something from March thats 5 years you'll get your settled status." I said he arrived in March, so we have full bank statements and NINO NHS letters bills all from April for the rest of 2018, why do they want March if we have provided 6 (and now 9) months of proof for 2018? she didn't really have a answer for this, she also had no clue about the recorded outgoing message about ignoring the email either,

she went back again to ask and came back and said the case worker wants March, now I have a headed letter from the bank for the appointment to open the account in branch both dated in March to our address, and the appointment date being March, I've uploaded a VERY faded plane ticket of arrival (as i'm aware this also covers the month of March) another letter from the bank which is delivery of his debit card dated March, as well as much evidence of March as possible. now bear in mind here- that also we had a EEA BRC as he's married to me a Irish citizen which obviously we had before having to apply for Pre settled status, (and I have also done my settled status and got it, and linked our applications together, I also was asked in the initial application of proof of relationship which was our marriage certificate)
We traveled to Brazil for a couple months to visit family and came back in March.(We got the BRC just before all this settled status stuff happened. and we needed it to open bank account NINO and NHS- this BRC took nearly a year to get so we dont have much evidence for 2017)As we thought ( and I still do think) we have a solid 5 years of proof IF it's 6 months out of a 12 month period.

I read that as, a 12 month period being a certain year, IE -2018 and having to prove 6 months of continued residence for that 12 month period/year? am I reading wrong?

Also say I am wrong and I have gone too early here ( his pre settled status is until Feb of 2024) does this alter his current pre settled status? is it possible to get a reply saying we have tried to early and just wait a bit and try again? they won't cancel his current valid pre settled status?

I hoping that our situation might help someone going through something similar, and welcome any and all other opinions or experience with any of this?

Thank you all..

Delboy85
Newly Registered

Re: Non Eu married to EU - settled status, FURTHER evidence??

Post by Delboy85 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:03 pm

UPDATE:

Well… incase anyone comes across the previous post I just thought id add the Result, he gots his settled status yesterday afternoon, with out any further communication from the Home Office.. So happy,

His pre settled BRC is still valid until Feb of 24, so I highly doubt he's going to get sent a new one, I have upgraded BRC's before to show the new statuses along the way however this time a new notification appeared on the site saying if you just got your new leave a new one WILL be sent to you, Regardless il be requesting a new one in 3 weeks, and im aware they all expire in December '24 but atleasgt we will have the card with the correct status,

Good luck to everyone on this anxious journey,