ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Early Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sam550

FLR(FP) Early Extension

Post by sam550 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:41 pm

Hello,

I hope someone can help with this rather strange enquiry,

My last extension is not due till end of April and I will be eligible for ILR end of December 2024, which means I only need 22 months at least. My work is sending me to USA for 14 days in late April which clashes with my visa extension, so my questions is that can I apply for visa ext in early March with super priority service to may get a chance of getting US B-! visa in time or UKVI will refuse it as I am applying 28 day before BRP expiry date ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) Early Extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:42 pm

If super priority is available, it is not guaranteed and a brp card can take 10 working days or more.

You do realise appointments for us embassy for visas are currently running at about 90 days wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sam550

Post by sam550 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:56 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your timely response, I saw that it could take up to 90 days to obtain US B-1 visa, I will probably postpone my visit but would there be any problem for me to apply extension around end of February which is about 2 months earlier than expiry date or it have to be last 28 days as I only need to cover until Dec 2024 ?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:13 am

sam550 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:56 pm
Hello,

Thanks for your timely response, I saw that it could take up to 90 days to obtain US B-1 visa, I will probably postpone my visit but would there be any problem for me to apply extension around end of February which is about 2 months earlier than expiry date or it have to be last 28 days as I only need to cover until Dec 2024 ?

Thanks
Its not a problem to apply at any time, advise is only to guard against having a shortfall in qualification time for ILR necessitating doing another extension to cover few months.

sam550

Post by sam550 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:18 am

Hello,

Definitely a valid point and I’ll personally tell everyone to avoid this lol but as it can cause a shortfall but I only need 20 months where I’ll get visa for 30 months.

I will see how it goes and keep everyone informed.

Regards