ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

input-output
Armenia

Re: Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Post by input-output » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:12 pm

littlejunkie wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:16 pm
SOLVIT says they can't do anything, EU is not bothered, Irish Politicians are least bothered. When you mail them you get vague answers.
I found Solvit Ireland very good, and its Executive Officer a very capable chap. however, you need to contact your EU spouse/sponsor's Solvit and they may be less potent/willing to engage.

If they (SOlvit) dont engage, you can bring the case to the European Commission (you can lodge a complaint here - https://ec.europa.eu/info/about-europea ... int-online). It is dealt by Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers. It may take a few months but I found them really useful in our case of infrigement against London Embassy of Lithuania.

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:40 am

CatBrom wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:19 am
weiyiqiu wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:27 am
CatBrom wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:42 am
Received my letter telling me I can apply for temporary permissions. I also need to send them my most recent passport (I had to renew it since I applied so this makes sense). They say my temp permissions will be valid until 31 March so here’s hoping I get my application processed before then.
HI~ Can you please let me know how long after EUTR department issue your letter you receive it? My letter is issued on Oct 3rd, but still by today I haven't receive it...

Please reply, thank you in advance!
Did you receive your letter?
HI There! Yes I got my letter and get my temp Stamp4. I am waiting IRP Card arrive at home. :)

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:44 pm

That’s great, me too.

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:20 pm

CatBrom wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:44 pm
That’s great, me too.
Haha how long have you been waiting for IRP card? I went to IRP registration office on Oct 18th. Now I am still waiting for the card arrival. How about you?

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:22 pm

Just as of today. I was able to switch the cards online and they processed it yesterday afternoon.

gk73
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by gk73 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:21 pm

weiyiqiu wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:34 pm
gk73 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:24 pm
Our timeline so far is as follows:

I am NON-EU (Ukrainian)

We signed the lease in Dublin remotely (both of our names are on it) - 14/04/2022
My EU citizen wife (Estonian) moved to Ireland - 21/04/2022
Met up with my wife in a 3rd country so that we can board the same flight to Dublin and go through immigration together. When passing immigration - we both went to the NON-EU line (even though she is an EU citizen) and stated that "We want to exercise EU Treaty Rights". An officer asked my wife if she already had a job lined up or if she intended to study. My wife responded that she was going to work but hadn't applied to any jobs just yet. We were then asked to provide our marriage certificate which we did. Our marriage certificate was from a NON-EU/NON-EEA country and had apostille.

I got 2 stamps in my passport:
1st stamp - Dublin Airport IMMIGRATION CONTROL OFFICER 25 APR 2022
2nd stamp - Permission to remain in IRELAND until 25th July 2022 for the purpose of JOIN EU FAM Register at BURGH QUAY - 25/04/2022

Wife started working - 13/05/2022
Wife applied for PPSN - 13/05/2022
Submitted EUTR1 application by registered mail, took a picture of the letter, and shared it with EU Treaty Rights Division via email along with tracking number and a digital version of everything that we had submitted - 27/05/2022

This is the response I got after submitting a digital copy of my application to the EU Treaty Rights email and pointing out that my permission to remain in Ireland expires on 25h of July and that I would need to get a temporary permission to remain (Stamp4) before that:
Dear XXXX XXXX,

Thank you for your email. Applications are processed in strict chronological order.
Due to the volume of applications on hand, it may 6-8 weeks from the date of receipt before a response is issued from this office.

Once your documents have been received and processed, any outstanding documents will be requested.

Please note that the applicant is permitted to reside in the State while application is in process.

Kind regards,

XXXX XXXX XXXX
EU Treaty Rights Division
Immigration Service Delivery
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2
Received a call from someone at EU Treaty Rights (on a SUNDAY at roughly 4 PM) asking to submit PPSN number, Revenue Registration certificate, and a paystub. I responded that my wife only started to work on 13th of May and that we moved to Ireland on April 25th. I said that we will ask the employer for a digital pay stub and explained the situation that we are waiting for an Irish bank account to be opened and that due to IBAN discrimination my wife couldn't get paid into her Estonian bank account (SWEDBANK) during last pay cycle. Also, noted that we had applied for the PPSN but it will take some time to get it and then to register in the Revenue. I also pointed out that she is currently on emergency tax rate and it would probably be reflected in the pay stub I would submit later that day. He sounded understanding and said "Just send us the paystub as soon as possible and we will issue a decision in the coming days". I said that I will email the Paystub the same evening provided my wife receives it from her employer. I emailed the paystub same day at 10 pm - 05/06/2022

Received response by email that they are waiting on confirmation from my wife's employer and that once that is confirmed, my application would be brought forward for a decision and that the correspondence would be issued in the coming days - 07/06/2022

My wife received 2nd pay stub which I emailed to the EU Treaty Rights division by replying to our previous email thread - 08/06/2022
Received response by email on the same day that "the contents have been noted" - 08/06/2022

Wife asked employer and they said that they got a letter from EU Treaty Rights to which they responded that she works where she stated she works. I sent an email to EU Treaty Rights with this piece of information as well as asking if there was anything else they need from us - 18/06/2022

Received response by email that "the contents have been noted" - 20/06/2022
Wife received PPSN and applied to register with the Revenue - 20/06/2022

Once she registers with the revenue, I will share the PPSN number with EU Treaty Rights Division by email.
That's it for now. Hoping to get the temporary permission soon as it is tough when only 1 person working and the rent is 2000 euros :)

Also, if I am being completely honest the "application would be brought forward for a decision and that the correspondence would be issued in the coming days" part of the email made me feel like the full decision would be issued in the coming days and not the temporary permission. I wonder if that ever happened before or I shouldn't be getting my hopes up? :D
HI there! I was reading your post. Can you please share after 20/6/2022 when did you receive the acknowledgement letter and have you get your temporary stamp4?

Best regards,
Yes, I received a letter from them 1 month after the initial application. What's interesting is that my hunch was correct and I actually got the full approval straight away and not the temporary permission. We were very glad when that happened! Our case was very straightforward though as we have been together for about 10 years. We supplied photos of both of us with each other's family members, as well as our addresses from different countries we lived in over the years. Overall our package consisted of 130+ pages and was structured quite well in my opinion. We didn't use solicitors and filed everything by ourselves.

I received a 5 year IRP based on the approval letter they sent us. The stamp says Stamp 4 EUFAM. In the letter, it also says to apply for a permanent residence card 6 months before this 5-year status expires.

The "Card Expiry" on the IRP I received is calculated based on the date the status was granted and not based on when the IRP itself was issued. That's nice too, especially considering that it can take a couple of months to book an appointment in Dublin.

We already traveled with my wife within the EU and it was a breeze coming back through immigration. They look at the card and pass you right through. Also, I noticed that my passport didn't get stamped when passing immigration in another EU country, that's because if you have the IRP and traveling with your wife - they don't stamp the passport. Obviously, no stamp when coming back to Ireland too.

Good luck and Bíodh lá maith agat!

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:40 am

Got my IRP card for my temp Stamp 4 in the mail yesterday, so that’s good! Now the anxiety over whether they process it in time so I don’t have a gap.

Lynn000
Newly Registered
China

Post by Lynn000 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:31 am

I applied for EUTR1A and below is the timeline:
Date of Application:24/03/2022
Date of Acknowledgement letter sent:13/04/2022
Date of final approval or refusal: Approved on 02/11/2022

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:07 pm

Lynn000 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:31 am
Did you get approved? Sounds like it took just under 7 months. Did you ever get an extension on your temporary permissions?

Lynn000
Newly Registered
China

Post by Lynn000 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:46 am

CatBrom wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:07 pm
Lynn000 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:31 am
Did you get approved? Sounds like it took just under 7 months. Did you ever get an extension on your temporary permissions?
Yes, got the approval for Stamp 4 EUfam. I didn't receive the extension as my temp stamp 4 expires around Xmas time.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:25 am

Ah I see, they gave you a longer temporary stamp. Mine is 6 months almost exactly so hopefully it gets processed in time.

littlejunkie
Newly Registered
India

Post by littlejunkie » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:12 pm

When EU Citizen is working and non EEA spouse not working. While filling EUTR1 form, is Comprehensive Sickness Insurance ( Medical insurance) mandatory?

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:14 pm

The application will state very clearly what is required. I know for the EU1A, if the EU citizen is employed then they do not need medical insurance, that is only for if they are a student or residing with sufficient resources.

Ink
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by Ink » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:03 pm

applied for EUTR1
Date of Application: 30/05/2022
Date of Acknowledgement letter received: 10/06/2022
Date of final approval or refusal: Approved on: 09/01/2023

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:50 am

Amazing, glad you got approved!

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:54 am

Ink wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:03 pm
applied for EUTR1
Do you mind if I ask how long you were given temporary permission to remain? My permission expires at the end of March and I am nervous that I will have a period without a Stamp 4, which isn’t great since I have a job right now and can’t afford to not work.

Ink
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by Ink » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:21 pm

CatBrom wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:54 am
Ink wrote:
applied for EUTR1
Do you mind if I ask how long you were given temporary permission to remain? My permission expires at the end of March and I am nervous that I will have a period without a Stamp 4, which isn’t great since I have a job right now and can’t afford to not work.
The initial IRP card was issued on 4th of July 2022 and was valid till February 27th 2023 (did not have to renew it since final approval came before the expiration date)
Hope that helps.
by the way, you can apply to have the temp permission renewed. In fact, I think you have to do it as having no permission to remain could get you into trouble. Contact someone from immigration to get that sorted out. Better safe than sorry.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:48 pm

I asked them about a renewal and all they told me was that my application was due for a decision soon and is coming for final processing shortly. When I asked if that meant I don’t need an extension they said that they will endeavour to get it processed before my expiry date. So don’t know tbh.

Ink
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by Ink » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:52 am

CatBrom wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:48 pm
I asked them about a renewal and all they told me was that my application was due for a decision soon and is coming for final processing shortly. When I asked if that meant I don’t need an extension they said that they will endeavour to get it processed before my expiry date. So don’t know tbh.
They probably will have it done before but, don't have an expired permission is all I'll say. "They promised to have it done before expiry" won't fly too far with immigration.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:58 pm

I agree with you but there isn’t much I can do without a letter from Treaty Rights. I’ll keep following up with them. To my knowledge, I haven’t heard of anyone on here who didn’t get an extension if it was needed and it sounds like they have been processing them within the time frame listed.

Ink
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by Ink » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:21 am

CatBrom wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:58 pm
I agree with you but there isn’t much I can do without a letter from Treaty Rights. I’ll keep following up with them. To my knowledge, I haven’t heard of anyone on here who didn’t get an extension if it was needed and it sounds like they have been processing them within the time frame listed.
I don't think you need any letters. This https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... al-dublin/ just states "When you receive your IRP card, the expiration date will indicate when it needs to be renewed."

Additionally: "If an employee’s IRP card has expired and they are unable to obtain a valid registration card by the expiry date of their current IRP card, they are still legally permitted to remain in the State on the existing conditions of their current IRP card for a maximum of 8 weeks. This 8 week provision is subject to the employee providing proof that they have applied to renew their registration prior to their current IRP card expiring.

All renewals in the Dublin Area are processed online and applicants are issued with a receipt of application detailing the date of application and a unique application number (OREG number).

If, however, their current permission expired prior to submitting an application for renewal, they are considered out of permission and therefore not currently legally permitted to remain or work in the State. This status may change upon renewal."

Maybe I'm just confusing your particular circumstances though and this does not apply to you.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:23 pm

I was under the impression that temporary permissions could not be renewed unless you had a letter from Treaty Rights. This is because they determine the date on the card.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:14 am

An update: Treaty Rights sent me an email saying my application is due for processing but they need payslips for my husband. Fingers crossed this is very close to the end.

shrutis1
Newly Registered
India

Post by shrutis1 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:49 pm

Hi

Can you tell me what is the procedure after receiving letter of final approval? Do we have to again take appointment with immigration for the 5 year residence card? or does the residence card come by post? Also is there any other procedure of registering after receiving the final approval.

I am asking because immigration is nowadays giving appointments only after 2 months.

thank you in advance

Ink wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:21 pm
CatBrom wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:54 am
Ink wrote:
applied for EUTR1
The initial IRP card was issued on 4th of July 2022 and was valid till February 27th 2023 (did not have to renew it since final approval came before the expiration date)
Hope that helps.
by the way, you can apply to have the temp permission renewed. In fact, I think you have to do it as having no permission to remain could get you into trouble. Contact someone from immigration to get that sorted out. Better safe than sorry.

Ink
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by Ink » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:58 pm

CatBrom wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:14 am
An update: Treaty Rights sent me an email saying my application is due for processing but they need payslips for my husband. Fingers crossed this is very close to the end.
We got the same letter just before the holiday period and got the final approval letter right after the holidays, so they should make a decision very soon.