ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not eligible for any visa but still want to work in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

matjazkorosec007
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Not eligible for any visa but still want to work in the UK

Post by matjazkorosec007 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:35 pm

Hi,

I want to move to the UK to pursue a music career or at least try. I’m from EU country but can only go to the UK on a 6 month tourist visa. I still want to get a job there, but with that visa that’s not possible. I went through all visas but not one applies to me. Is there anyone out there who knows how could I make a living after I go to the UK to pay my rent and other stuff? Or could I get any other visa after I move that allows me to work?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Not eligible for any visa but still want to work in the UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:57 pm

You need a visa that permits you to work BEFORE you come to the UK.

You cannot switch to a work visa if you are in rhe UK as a visitor. The rules do not permit this.

Have you looked at the temporary worker (previously tier 5) visas?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Not eligible for any visa but still want to work in the UK

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:37 pm

Not sure how you self-assessed yourself on eligibility to work in the UK but within the eligible occupations for a skilled worker visa I see that musicians are included, with the code: 3415 Musicians

Search jobs in your field and see how you fit into those.