ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish spouse naturalization application - passport requirement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Patka248
Newly Registered
Ireland

Irish spouse naturalization application - passport requirement

Post by Patka248 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:50 am

Hello,

For the naturalization application of a spouse of an Irish national the following document requirement is listed in Form 8:
Documentary proof of Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s entitlement to Irish citizenship
(certified copy of Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s birth certificate if born in Ireland / certified
copy of foreign birth register entry / spouse’s or civil partner’s parent’s birth certificate if
latter was born in Ireland / certified copy of naturalisation certificate / certified copy of
passport page with photograph).
I was wondering if anyone knows does the passport page need to be of an Irish passport or can it be a foreign passport if the spouse has dual nationalities?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Irish spouse naturalization application - passport requirement

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:44 am

Irish passport.
Patka248 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:50 am
can it be a foreign passport if the spouse has dual nationalities?
How would passport page of a non-Irish passport prove that the holder is entitled to Irish citizenship?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Patka248
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Patka248 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:39 pm

Same way as a certified copy of foreign birth register entry? I mean I'd assume the certified copy of naturalisation certificate would be enough, not sure why the other documents are needed...

Patka248
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Patka248 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 pm

Thanks for the reply in any case :)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:19 pm

Patka248 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:39 pm
Same way as a certified copy of foreign birth register entry?
Foreign Birth Register (FBR) entry certificate is the same as a naturalization certificate specific to Ireland, so no. If you're on the register, you're entitled to Irish citizenship.
Foreign passport, on the other hand, just shows you're a national of that country.
I mean I'd assume the certified copy of naturalisation certificate would be enough, not sure why the other documents are needed...
Are they needed? I'm not completely familiar, but would expect just a naturalization certificate certified copy would suffice. Other members can give a hand with that, hopefully.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Whitecoffe
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Whitecoffe » Sun May 14, 2023 9:06 pm

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on the Irish residency application process for spouses. My wife is Sudanese and has been living in Ireland with me for the past 5 years. We're planning to apply for residency next month, but we're a bit confused about how to fulfill the points system as she hasn't worked in Ireland. The only income she has received is child benefit from the government. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how we can collect the necessary documents to demonstrate 150 points per year .We would really appreciate any advice or guidance you can offer. Thank you.