ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee Waiver Child Biometics

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adamjg50
Newly Registered

Fee Waiver Child Biometics

Post by Adamjg50 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:23 pm

Good Afternoon. I'm looking for anyone who may have had similar issues.
My foster son is 16 and has applied for a fee waiver British citizenship.
This is a paper application.
He has had a letter telling him to book a Biometics appointment but we cannot as due to his application being a paper one he has no UAN number.
I've call UKVCAS who just say he's not on their system.
The HO do not help at all and say they do not deal with fee waiver applications. But there is no other options on who to call or email.

Anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it.

secret.simon

Re: Fee Waiver Child Biometics

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:23 pm

Fee waivers for child registration applications are a very recent introduction (they were introduced in July 2022, so just about eight months ago) and therefore it is likely that not many people will have experience with them.

Is there a reason that a paper application was chosen over an online application? If the paper application has not been processed, perhaps it may be worth submitting an electronic application in parallel.

Keep in mind that if the electronic fee waiver application is successful, the subsequent child registration application must also be online

Note that this is a hypothetical and that others may advise differently.

PS: @learner29, who seems to have been through the process may be able to help.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Adamjg50
Newly Registered

Post by Adamjg50 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:47 am

When it was completed it said it must be in paper form as it's a child application. Not sure if that has now changed.
The application has been processed and that is why he needs to now have his biometrics done.

The boy just turned up at the biometrics place in Manchester on Saturday to try and get advice. They gave him a number to call, all the ones so far have been useless.

Bash_
Syria

Post by Bash_ » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:11 am

Adamjg50 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:47 am
When it was completed it said it must be in paper form as it's a child application. Not sure if that has now changed.
The application has been processed and that is why he needs to now have his biometrics done.

The boy just turned up at the biometrics place in Manchester on Saturday to try and get advice. They gave him a number to call, all the ones so far have been useless.
The waiver form can be completed in paper or online form from the first time it was announced. but if you complete it in a paper, you have to submit your citizenship form as paper form as well.

The letter that asked you to book the biometric should have the ref number at the top right corner.
it's 16 digits like 1212-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

check the letter again

Junior123
Newly Registered

Post by Junior123 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:05 pm

Hi,

Did you get any resolution in the end? Am on the same boat i have submitted an online application for fee waiver to register my two children under 18 for British citizenship. Application was submitted on 15th January. And i have not heard from anyone until now.

We can still log in to the upload portal and and all it shows is pending update.

Does anyone know how we can follow this application up.

Thanks in advance