ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation questions and AN or online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Naturalisation questions and AN or online application

Post by Cuteman » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:33 pm

Dear All

I appreciate all the assistance provides at this forum regarding immigration matters.

I am currently on ILR(10 years) route which i received about 7-8 years ago, i did not apply for British naturalisation earlier as my family were on my dependant visa on 5 years route, and i though we will apply together( Though i faced some hard time to travel for business to EU and other places and applied for visa's).

I looked to latest AN l form version of June 2022 ( i believe its the right one).

I have few question on the form;

1) Employment details (Point 1.45-1.49)
- This form only ask about current employer details
- Are the 10 years employment history is no loner required? if still require then why not this form asked for it and how i can provide?

During couple of years i was working and own the limited company ( though there was no success in the business) i was on entrepreneur visa for 7-8 months then i got ILR( and was not working during that time, trying to establish my company).There is no tax records only company house dormant accounts etc... what should i submit as employment proof, if i need to provide 10 years employment history.

For almost last 6 years I am working as an employee, but my limited company still exist for which i submit every year dormant account. Do i need to mention my limited company on employment history for recent years as well while i am working another company as an employee?

Residence requirement
Date and place of first arrival in the UK (Point 2)

Is this the first date in arrived in the UK almost 20 years ago or the qualifying period of last five years?

I hope anyone with relevant experience or knowledge would provide their views as soon as possible.

I really want to thank you all in advance for your kind support.

Thanks

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: Naturalisation questions and AN or online application

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Answers you your queries in yellow
Cuteman wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:33 pm
Dear All

I appreciate all the assistance provides at this forum regarding immigration matters.

I am currently on ILR(10 years) route which i received about 7-8 years ago, i did not apply for British naturalisation earlier as my family were on my dependant visa on 5 years route, and i though we will apply together( Though i faced some hard time to travel for business to EU and other places and applied for visa's).

I looked to latest AN l form version of June 2022 ( i believe its the right one). Yes, it's teh most up-to-date one.

I have few question on the form;

1) Employment details (Point 1.45-1.49)
- This form only ask about current employer details
- Are the 10 years employment history is no loner required? if still require then why not this form asked for it and how i can provide? It is no longer required. You only need to provide your most recent employer.

During couple of years i was working and own the limited company ( though there was no success in the business) i was on entrepreneur visa for 7-8 months then i got ILR( and was not working during that time, trying to establish my company).There is no tax records only company house dormant accounts etc... what should i submit as employment proof, if i need to provide 10 years employment history. No need to provide anything.

For almost last 6 years I am working as an employee, but my limited company still exist for which i submit every year dormant account. Do i need to mention my limited company on employment history for recent years as well while i am working another company as an employee? You can mention this in the cover letter if you want.

Residence requirement
Date and place of first arrival in the UK (Point 2)

Is this the first date in arrived in the UK almost 20 years ago or the qualifying period of last five years? Your first date of arrival almost 20 years ago.

I hope anyone with relevant experience or knowledge would provide their views as soon as possible.

I really want to thank you all in advance for your kind support.

Thanks
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:20 pm

Thanks Contorted_svy.

Anyone else have experience or knowledge about this query, will be highly appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:04 pm

I agree with the responses you have been given.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:27 pm

Thanks Alterhase58.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:09 am

Dear All

I am going to apply British naturalisation online.

I have a couple of question.

Referee's
I only need to provide their names and email addresses? any other details?
As referees will get online verification requests, would i still need to print referee declaration, scan and submit?

Thanks for any kind advice.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:10 am

Also, how i need to provide my photo?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:30 am

Cuteman wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:09 am
Dear All

I am going to apply British naturalisation online.

I have a couple of question.

Referee's
I only need to provide their names and email addresses? any other details?
As referees will get online verification requests, would i still need to print referee declaration, scan and submit?

They do not get online email request. That is only for passport applications. For naturalisation, you must fill in all the required information for each referee, they must each sign the form and you upload it with your supporting documents.
Cuteman wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:10 am
Also, how i need to provide my photo?
For what?? You need to put a photo of yourself on the referee forms. For the application, after online submission, you have to attend a biometrics appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:19 am

Thanks CR001 for your prompt and kind response.

That's clear.

For photo on the referee form, each referee needs to sign on the back of the photo? once they sign i need to glue it on the form and scan it. How home office will check referee signatures on the back of the photo?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:55 am

Cuteman wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:19 am
Thanks CR001 for your prompt and kind response.

That's clear.

For photo on the referee form, each referee needs to sign on the back of the photo? once they sign i need to glue it on the form and scan it. How home office will check referee signatures on the back of the photo?

Signing at the back of the photo isn't required. It was an old requirement during the paper days, and the HO never bothered to update the system.
Documents are now scanned and sent digitally.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:39 am

Thanks Ticktack.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:03 am

Dear All

I have a quick questions, if someone has PCN (Penalty charges notice) and parking charges notices, do they need to mention while applying for naturalisation?

If yes, there was no question in online application. can we mention in the cover letter? is it good to mention?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:16 am

Cuteman wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:03 am
Dear All

I have a quick questions, if someone has PCN (Penalty charges notice) and parking charges notices, do they need to mention while applying for naturalisation? No need to mention them.

If yes, there was no question in online application. can we mention in the cover letter? is it good to mention?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:49 pm

Thanks Ticktack.

But if someone mention in good faith it in covering letter, would this be good or could be negative point?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:27 am

Cuteman wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:49 pm
Thanks Ticktack.

But if someone mention in good faith it in covering letter, would this be good or could be negative point?
Most probably no effect.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:10 am

Thanks.

Just a quick question, do we need to tick submit option at UKVCAS website to submit documents before going to appointment or it will be done at biometric appointment day by UKVCAS team ( i just booked for appointment service).

Thanks in advance for any kind advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:37 am

Cuteman wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:10 am
Thanks.

Just a quick question, do we need to tick submit option at UKVCAS website to submit documents before going to appointment or it will be done at biometric appointment day by UKVCAS team ( i just booked for appointment service).

Thanks in advance for any kind advice.
You can submit yourself or it can be done for you at UKVCAS when you attend biometrics appointment.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:20 pm

Thanks AmazonianX.

I done the online application, do i need to upload application form at UKVCAS with other documents? or as its online application Home office already have this?

Thanks in advance for any kind and prompt response.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:31 pm

Hi All

Photo
Its has been already answered with Courtesy by CR001 and Ticktack.

On the back of the photo applicant name and date of birth is it required to write? if yes then do i need to scan the referee form first with back side of the photo which shows name and date of birth on the back of the photo?

Thanks in advance for prompt and kind response.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:12 am

Cuteman wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:20 pm
Thanks AmazonianX.

I done the online application, do i need to upload application form at UKVCAS with other documents? No need or as its online application Home office already have this? Yes

Thanks in advance for any kind and prompt response.

Cuteman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Cuteman » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:44 pm

Hi All

Photo
Its has been already answered with Courtesy by CR001 and Ticktack.

On the back of the photo applicant name and date of birth is it required to write? if yes then do i need to scan the referee form first with back side of the photo which shows name and date of birth on the back of the photo?

Thanks in advance for prompt and kind response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:48 pm

No and no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.