ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP processing time jumps from 8 weeks to 10 month

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hussain1988
Bangladesh

FLR FP processing time jumps from 8 weeks to 10 month

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:50 pm

I wanted to know why there is big jump from 8 weeks processing time to 10 months.

All 3 applications for extension made decision was given with in 8 weeks this means my partners last extension decision will be give with in 10 months.

Do HO not have enough staff to deal with applications HO do not specify the long wait all they say they are trying to reduce processing times.

If we wanted to go on holiday cant go on holiday until we hear back from HO which is nearly a year then we can book this is not right if it was 3 to 6 months processing times then it would have been ok.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR FP processing time jumps from 8 weeks to 10 month

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:55 am

hussain1988 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:50 pm
I wanted to know why there is big jump from 8 weeks processing time to 10 months.

All 3 applications for extension made decision was given with in 8 weeks this means my partners last extension decision will be give with in 10 months.

Do HO not have enough staff to deal with applications HO do not specify the long wait all they say they are trying to reduce processing times.

If we wanted to go on holiday cant go on holiday until we hear back from HO which is nearly a year then we can book this is not right if it was 3 to 6 months processing times then it would have been ok.
Reading through forum posts and timelines may give you an idea.
However for detailed response do direct your questions to the government agency or department doing the processing. Not aware of anyone holding brief for HO here.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:38 am

Reading through forum posts and timelines may give you an idea.
However for detailed response do direct your questions to the government agency or department doing the processing. Not aware of anyone holding brief for HO here.
[/quote]

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:52 am

Reading through forum posts and timlines gives an idea.

But why would it be a big jump all of a sudden I apply in March get biometric done in April/May then from will know decision in 2024 thats ridiculous.

When I did extension in 2020 July I thought there are people who might be isolating from covid HO wont have that many staff to process the application decision came quick.

I think theres a backlog of FLR FP applications to deal with but who knows could be anything im just using my general instinct to assume thats the case.

The processing time for FLR FP is high compared to other applications which is 6 to 8 weeks.

Check here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... ide-the-uk

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:27 am

hussain1988 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:52 am
Reading through forum posts and timlines gives an idea.

But why would it be a big jump all of a sudden I apply in March get biometric done in April/May then from will know decision in 2024 thats ridiculous.

When I did extension in 2020 July I thought there are people who might be isolating from covid HO wont have that many staff to process the application decision came quick.

I think theres a backlog of FLR FP applications to deal with but who knows could be anything im just using my general instinct to assume thats the case. Your thought is correct as that's general tale by people due to backlog post covid and Ukraine immigration considerations.

The processing time for FLR FP is high compared to other applications which is 6 to 8 weeks.

Check here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... ide-the-uk

Romeo007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Romeo007 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:17 pm

I know few friends who were waiting for FLR-FP results, all are waiting more than 10 months.
They tried to chase up Home Office via their local MP, mostly they won't respond back.

But for one they responded saying there is no standard processing time for FLR-FP, (Like 6 months for settlement application). So they cannot be asked to meet the standard I believe,

Best to use the local MP and write to them explaining your situation, worth the luck!

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:17 pm

it also depends on individual circumstance sometimes for example Im British born here and ou two kids are British born here my wife is Bangladesh citizen im thinking it makes it easy to grant my wife the visa quicker then others for example if you came to uk then became British citizen and applying for partner then will have have to do more checks on what date you became British.