ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDV identification not verified in person biometric doc required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sak20099
- thin ice -

Biometric Enrollment Reminder with IDV App urgent Help

Post by sak20099 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:47 am

Hi ,

I need some clarification on biomteric enrollment , i have applied for my wife ILR (Set M) application in Sep 2022, using IDV App submitted all docs and ID verfification, hover i received update today to provide biomteric enrollment via appointment , do we require here ?

I thought biomteric is not required usig IDV app , please need help urgently.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Biometric Enrollment Reminder with IDV App urgent Help

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:10 pm

If the email says the IDV submission is not adequate, then you must book an appointment to enrol your biometrics again
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

blueorchids007
Nigeria

Post by blueorchids007 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:52 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. Applied in September and was told I qualified to use the IDV app and did not need to apply for biometric submission. I got the same email today saying I had 14 days to submit my biometrics. I called the Home Office who directed me to call UKVCAS, which I did. UKVCAS confirmed that I do not need to apply for biometric and I can ignore the email. I also have it in writing from them (via email). Also, the home office representative I spoke to said if UKVCAS says it's fine, I can ignore the email.

So, I will advise you call both Home Office and UKVCAS to put your mind at rest.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:59 pm

thanks can you tell me which email and phone number to call them to confirm ?

escribitionist
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by escribitionist » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:01 pm

I have the same issue (supporting docs submitted through the IDV app in early October).

I phoned UKVCAS and was told to ignore it. The person I talked to said his team leader would let the Home Office know. I could phone them to double check in two days.

However, I'm keen to know how to contact and get a reply in writing from them too. Thank you.

Here is UKVCAS phone number.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support
Support line / To contact us via phone:
0844 8920232 (inside the UK) or
+44 (0)844 8920232 (outside the UK).

Calls cost £0.04 per minute plus your provider’s access charge.
Our lines are open 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday.

Note: we can only handle so many calls a day so waiting times may be very long.

blueorchids007
Nigeria

Post by blueorchids007 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:35 pm

UKVCAS: 08448920232 (4p per minute)
UKVI: 03007906268 Option 2

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:15 am

thanks is there an email address to get this confirmation in writing ?

blueorchids007
Nigeria

Post by blueorchids007 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:29 am

Use the enquiry section in the help and support on the UKVCAS site and request the response in an email

sak20099
- thin ice -

IDV identification not verified in person biometric doc required

Post by sak20099 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:01 pm

hi All,

I just have an urgent query, i applied for my wife ILR in Oct 2023 during IDV app and uploaded all doc and identification.
Today 27th Jan i received email saying below and requested to book in person biomteric appointment.

"Unfortunately the identification information you provided through the IDV app has not been successful."

To continue with your application, you need to make and attend an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) location and enrol your biometric information.
You can do this by returning to your online application and following the instructions to book an appointment at a UKVCAS, or if you have already registered a UKVCAS account you can access this account to book an appointment.

Once you have booked your appointment, please make every effort to attend. If you do not book an appointment and enrol your biometric information and provide the required documents your application may be rejected as invalid.

Question is do i need to take all applications docs that were submitted as part of application OR only need to go and provide biometric ?
Kindly clarify

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IDV identification not verified in person biometric doc required

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Why have you delayed this when you were already advised by ukvi in November to book an appointment for biometrics?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:06 pm

I was told in Nov to ignore the letter both by ukvas as well uk home office that time

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:46 am

sak20099 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:06 pm
I was told in Nov to ignore the letter both by ukvas as well uk home office that time
You have to book biometrics appointment now.

Also the email specifically stated it is for enrolment of biometrics information though your skepticism dues to how long it took to get to this point is understandable.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:40 am

i have book appointment
My question is do i need to take all other supporting docs as well that were submitted OR only biometric ?

appreciate the response.

regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:29 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:46 am
sak20099 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:06 pm
You have to book biometrics appointment now.

Also the email specifically stated it is for enrolment of biometrics information though your skepticism dues to how long it took to get to this point is understandable.
Read highlighted above.

etch
Newly Registered

Post by etch » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 pm

sak20099 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:01 pm
hi All,

I just have an urgent query, i applied for my wife ILR in Oct 2023 during IDV app and uploaded all doc and identification.
Today 27th Jan i received email saying below and requested to book in person biomteric appointment.

"Unfortunately the identification information you provided through the IDV app has not been successful."

To continue with your application, you need to make and attend an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) location and enrol your biometric information.
You can do this by returning to your online application and following the instructions to book an appointment at a UKVCAS, or if you have already registered a UKVCAS account you can access this account to book an appointment.

Once you have booked your appointment, please make every effort to attend. If you do not book an appointment and enrol your biometric information and provide the required documents your application may be rejected as invalid.

Question is do i need to take all applications docs that were submitted as part of application OR only need to go and provide biometric ?
Kindly clarify
Same thing happened with us. Applied and submitted docs via app 12th October. Got email 5th December saying we need to enrol biometric info and have 14 days left. After calling these premium numbers I was told it was a mistake, error email sent to everyone, so ignored it.

Today got this exact same email which was concerning, especially since we have plans to travel away from UK and cannot until this is done, 4 months have passed already, I hope this doesn't reset the clock.

Have booked biometric appointment, earliest is end of Feb ... but I booked the document scanning service as well just to be safe ... don't want to deal with any more time wasting. I will be taking all my documents with me, might not need it but spending £54 just in case is better than getting another setback. No idea what these guys are doing this time ... was plain selling 2 and half years ago for FLR.