ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years Standard Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zulqarnain A
Newly Registered
Pakistan

2 years Standard Visitor visa

Post by Zulqarnain A » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:06 am

Hi,

Just wanted your experts opinion to clarify that if my mum who's on 2 years standard visitor visa can leave UK within 180 days and can get back to UK after a month?

I understand you can't stay more than 180 days in UK at once, you have to leave UK but once you leave you can't return back to UK for next 180 days or 6 months ? Is that right ? Can you not stay in UK on this visa for more than 180 days in one year ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: 2 years Standard Visitor visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:58 am

Zulqarnain A wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:06 am
Hi,

Just wanted your experts opinion to clarify that if my mum who's on 2 years standard visitor visa can leave UK within 180 days and can get back to UK after a month?

I understand you can't stay more than 180 days in UK at once, you have to leave UK but once you leave you can't return back to UK for next 180 days or 6 months ? Is that right ? Can you not stay in UK on this visa for more than 180 days in one year ?
Read below

general-uk-immigration-forum/belize-uk- ... 35011.html

secret.simon

Re: 2 years Standard Visitor visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:35 pm

Also see an almost identical question a few weeks ago.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.