ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after Graduate visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

varghesejim
India

Travelling after Graduate visa application

Post by varghesejim » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:06 pm

Hello,

Asking on behalf of my friend. He applied for graduate visa last week after his studies. Unfortunately, there is a family emergency due to which he need to travel outside UK. In this case what can he do to not to jeopardize his visa application? Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Travelling after Graduate visa application

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:49 am

varghesejim wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:06 pm
Hello,

Asking on behalf of my friend. He applied for graduate visa last week after his studies. Unfortunately, there is a family emergency due to which he need to travel outside UK. In this case what can he do to not to jeopardize his visa application? Thank you
He needs to stay put to get decision on the visa application OR
If not done biometrics and he still has enough valid leave to take him to and back from where he needs to travel to can cancel present application, travel come back with valid leave to UK and apply for graduate visa.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:14 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:49 am
If not done biometrics and he still has enough valid leave to take him to and back from where he needs to travel to can cancel present application, travel come back with valid leave to UK and apply for graduate visa.
This is also fine if he has done biometrics. Travelling outside the Common Travel Area automatically withdraws a pending application.

There is an already a recent topic about this same matter:
uk-tier-4-student-visas/travel-between- ... 34822.html
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:55 pm

Thank you for the responses. This is communicated to my friend