ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Civil engineering jobs in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmp_yarlie
Newly Registered

Civil engineering jobs in UK

Post by hsmp_yarlie » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Dear friends,
I am new to this group... I have got HSMP approval in the month of july08 and also i have applied for EC on 12/11/2008 with the help of ur forum and awaiting for visa stamping...

Initially, I want to now the job oppurtunities for civil engineers in UK....
I have done my B.tech in civil engg and Mtech in structural engineering from IIT Roorkee and having 3+yrs of work experience in the field.

Secondly, help me finding a job from my homeland(India) and please give me some consultancy details for job search.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:42 am

You must be kidding me. Don't you read the news. The UK housing and construction industry is facing its worst slump in decades. Thousands of jobs have and are being lost. Better to stick with your job in India until the situation here becomes normal.

Markie

Re: Civil engineering jobs in UK

Post by Markie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:42 am

seems an improper time to look for jobs in this field as loads are being shed off at the moment. better stay put and secure yourself
hsmp_yarlie wrote:Dear friends,
I am new to this group... I have got HSMP approval in the month of july08 and also i have applied for EC on 12/11/2008 with the help of ur forum and awaiting for visa stamping...

Initially, I want to now the job oppurtunities for civil engineers in UK....
I have done my B.tech in civil engg and Mtech in structural engineering from IIT Roorkee and having 3+yrs of work experience in the field.

Secondly, help me finding a job from my homeland(India) and please give me some consultancy details for job search.

hsmp_yarlie
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_yarlie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:16 am

Dear friends.........
First of all thanks for ur response...
I am not into housing or construction sector. I am having exp in power sector (i.e design and analysis of power plant structures) and i can also go into OIL&GAS sector. But this construction sector is only an optional.....

But I feel that itz not as low as you mentioned bcos next olympics will be held in london and therefore there will be good work for civil engs.

What do u say ??

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:53 am

push

Post by push » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:55 pm

hsmp_yarlie wrote:Dear friends.........
First of all thanks for ur response...
I am not into housing or construction sector. I am having exp in power sector (i.e design and analysis of power plant structures) and i can also go into OIL&GAS sector. But this construction sector is only an optional.....

But I feel that itz not as low as you mentioned bcos next olympics will be held in london and therefore there will be good work for civil engs.

What do u say ??
I am a civil engineer but working in Banking as I have an MBA degree from UK inst. To tell you the truth, there is an all round carnage in almost all the sectors. There are enough ppl to take care of Olympics as most of the contracts have already been awarded to companies & works commenced. Do some research while you are in India or come here for a short duration to assess the situation before leaving your current job.

regards,

push_hsmp

hsmp_yarlie
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_yarlie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:40 am

Hi... Push.....
Thanks for ur suggession... First of all I will try jobs from my homeplace only...
Please send me any job consultancy details if possible