ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Card Validity for a Minor

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrgsingh1
Newly Registered

OCI Card Validity for a Minor

Post by mrgsingh1 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:29 pm

Hi

My children received their first OCI in 2013. At that time we were advised that their OCI will only be valid until the validation of the current UK passport. They had their British passport renewed in 2016 and when we visited India in 2017, we had to apply for their Indian E-visa as we didn't have enough time to renew their OCI.

Now looking at the information available, I think now the rules have been changed. They are required to get an OCI card re-issued only once they reach 20 years of age. My kids are still under 20 years old but they had their British passport renewed previously so I guess we don't need to do anything at this stage and we can fly with them on their old OCI card. I hope no one will question regarding the British passport number given on OCI card is different from the current British passport.

Please let me have your views.

Thank you

z18runway

Re: OCI Card Validity for a Minor

Post by z18runway » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:13 pm

Sorry to bump into your thread. I have the same question and travelling to India in August, I hope someone will reply.

z18runway

Re: OCI Card Validity for a Minor

Post by z18runway » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:26 pm

Interestingly I found this pdf which answers our question. https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16372 ... 112021.pdf