ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2022 Naturalisation Application response

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Billi92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: 2022 Naturalisation Application response

Post by Billi92 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:10 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:49 pm
Billi92 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm
Sent my citizenship application on the 1st of July as Non Eu spouse of Irish national and they received the application on the 4th of July 2022 as per An Post tracking so it’s been over 5 months now still haven’t got an acknowledgment letter. This is so pathetic. I am going to be changing my address next year and I’m literally clueless on what to do. :(
I got my acknowledgement 6 months minus one day from the date of application; they might have some KPIs tied to it now. Wait for a month and see if you get anything.

It’s been over 6 months now no acknowledgement :( I feel it’s all because I live in Northern Ireland and have no immigration stamps from Ireland and ISD are slow even with straightforward applications from Ireland so no surprise they are taking so long for applications from Northern Ireland. I just don’t know where and how to contact regarding my application when I don’t even have an application number? I hope they haven’t lost my application I don’t even have any TD to contact here I feel like I’m waiting for nothing :|

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:47 pm

Billi92 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:10 pm
I just don’t know where and how to contact regarding my application when I don’t even have an application number?
Unfortunately, nobody, really. They just take a while.
I'd say give it a month or so due to holidays, plus take into account you have postal strikes in the UK. With AnPost you could also download the scanned copy of a signature of a person who signed for your letter, not sure if this can be done with Royal Mail; grab that if you wish.
If it's too bad, think about contacting border TDs, but in my opinion, it's just a waiting game.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:49 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:56 pm
I checked the logs of Oireachtas (what's discussed is public as in points) and there are some TDs mentioning application details of specific person and asking about the status of that person's application. So some TDs care about this, ask this to Minister of Justice openly and ask for help even thou they get generic reply "tell them to send an email to contact email address" but at least they take some action. The TD I sent this email, did nothing.
They want to keep it a bit less public, so made an email address for TD enquiries so they don't ask PQs; maybe that's what your TD went for (although he'd, probably, contact you with the response; maybe I just hope to see good in people).
Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility at: INISOireachtasMail@justice.ie, which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Question process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in the cases where the response is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

clownfish
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by clownfish » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:11 pm

Looking at the 2021/2022 threads it looks like people have been receiving their e-vetting around 1 year after application date. However, it seems like nothing has happened this year so far.

Anyone knows of any e-vetting requests that have come through this month yet?

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:38 pm

I got e-vetting request January 5 but I got it after 18 month of application

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:46 am

Anything further??
RCCar wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:38 pm
I got e-vetting request January 5 but I got it after 18 month of application

larougastro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by larougastro » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Anyone applied in 2022 received request for more documents?

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:54 pm

Nope. When did you get acknowledgment. Seems like the Dept is trying to fudge the figures by processing new applications super fast, whilst 2021/2022 applicants are left to suffer.

larougastro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by larougastro » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:49 pm

Sent application in early Jan 2022. One applicant sent application in the same month, and they were asked for more documents in June 2022. So, I'm assuming my documents are fine and the dept had reviewed application submitted in Jan 2022.

But this whole waiting game is a torture. Hopefully we'll hear something very soon for e-vetting for applicants in 2022. I'm hoping to make the June ceremony.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:51 pm

Looking at the 2023 application timelines thread, those from January 2023 already have their e-vetting! This is outrageous and clearly contradicts the repeated statements by the Minister and Department that applications are processed in chronological order! Someone needs to get this raised in the Dail and/or media!

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nephente » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:19 pm

Do you know anyone personally got a response around you?

There were a few people who have posted as if they got their confirmation almost on Fasttrack.

But honestly, I wouldn't react immediately relying on trivial information people post here.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:40 pm

I personally know two people who got their approvals within eight months last year.
nephente wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:19 pm

There were a few people who have posted as if they got their confirmation almost on Fasttrack.

But honestly, I wouldn't react immediately relying on trivial information people post here.

Billi92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Billi92 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:23 pm

Can anyone please tell me if the passage below sounds like an acknowledgement letter or not? I emailed citizenship info mid January ‘23 regarding my application which was submitted back in July ‘22, since I had not got any response/acknowledgement letter. They responded to my email query saying that I was sent a letter back in November 2022 but in reality I had not received any letter from dept of justice about my application. They attached a pdf of the letter they claimed was sent to me. I have no issues receiving letters to my address so not sure the letter they apparently ‘sent’ me if it was the acknowledgement letter or not as I didn’t receive any physical letter. Can someone please confirm if this is the acknowledgement letter? The letter says…

Dear (applicants name)
I am directed by the Minister for Justice to refer to your application for naturalisation.
Please find application fee receipt enclosed for your records.
Your application is being processed with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the
granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible as soon as
our enquiries are complete and all required documentation has been compiled.
In general, it takes approximately 23 months for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is
received to the date a decision is made. However, the nature of the naturalisation process is such that for a broad
range of reasons some cases will take longer than others to process. It is a statutory requirement that, inter alia,
applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in
other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. As a result, there will always
be a proportion of cases that take longer than the norm to process.
If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will
write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Minister's decision
on your application.
It would greatly assist us if you only contact us if it is absolutely necessary as this will allow us to devote
the maximum time to the processing of applications.
Please quote your reference number
all correspondence with this office.
Yours sincerely,

johnyak
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by johnyak » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:36 pm

Yes, it is acknowledgment letter wording and format.

Billi92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Billi92 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:34 pm

Thank you so much. Do you know how long after the acknowledgement letter we proceed to the next stage?

johnyak wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:36 pm
Yes, it is acknowledgment letter wording and format.

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:46 pm

Billi92 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:23 pm
Can anyone please tell me if the passage below sounds like an acknowledgement letter or not? I emailed citizenship info mid January ‘23 regarding my application which was submitted back in July ‘22, since I had not got any response/acknowledgement letter. They responded to my email query
Hi

I applied in May and also have not as yet received an acknowledgement.

What email address did you use ?. I emailed INISOireachtasMail@justice.ie also mid January but have only received back an acknowledgement of my email. Which took them a week. Nothing further.

Billi92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Billi92 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:54 am

JohnX wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:46 pm
Billi92 wrote:
Can anyone please tell me if the passage below sounds like an acknowledgement letter or not? I emailed citizenship info mid January ‘23 regarding my application which was submitted back in July ‘22, since I had not got any response/acknowledgement letter. They responded to my email query
Hi

What email address did you use ?. I emailed INISOireachtasMail@justice.ie also mid January but have only received back an acknowledgement of my email. Which took them a week. Nothing further.
You can try citizenshipinfo@justice.ie
But there’s no guarantee they will email back, because I have emailed them before and got no response and I emailed over a year ago. However it was a miracle they replied to me this time.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:43 am

JohnX wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:46 pm
Billi92 wrote:
Hi

This one seems to be aimed to receive and respond to TD enquires; let us know if your attempt of reaching out to them via it was successful.

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:28 am

Hi

This one seems to be aimed to receive and respond to TD enquires; let us know if your attempt of reaching out to them via it was successful.
[/quote]
Hi,

After a week received following:-

"On behalf of the Minister for Justice, I wish to acknowledge receipt and thank you for your correspondence dated 13th January 2023."

No further communications received. :(

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nephente » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:03 am

I meant if there was anyone who applied in 2023.

I also got my application approval in 6 months. The problem is if there's anyone who got the eVetting invitation, since the beginning of pointing system...

Palantir wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:40 pm
I personally know two people who got their approvals within eight months last year.
nephente wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:19 pm

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:19 am

nephente wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:03 am
I also got my application approval in 6 months. The problem is if there's anyone who got the eVetting invitation, since the beginning of pointing system...
Approval in 6 months? Do you mean acknowledgement?

And yes, somewhere it was mentioned that 3 people that applied in 2022 became citizens at the end of '22 as well. So these people do exist.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:28 am

meself2 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:19 am
nephente wrote:

And yes, somewhere it was mentioned that 3 people that applied in 2022 became citizens at the end of '22 as well. So these people do exist.
for future reference, source:
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 53/#pq_453
The total number of applications received between 1 January 2022 and 31 March 2022 is 3,706.

Of these, 3 have been successful in their naturalisation application and received their Certificates of Naturalisation. A further 24 are currently in the final stage of processing.

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nephente » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:14 pm

Yes I meant acknowledgement, apologies.

So out of 3000+, only 3 of them. That's some ratio there...

meself2 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:28 am
meself2 wrote:
nephente wrote:

The total number of applications received between 1 January 2022 and 31 March 2022 is 3,706.

Of these, 3 have been successful in their naturalisation application and received their Certificates of Naturalisation. A further 24 are currently in the final stage of processing.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:21 pm

Utterly disgraceful. The Minister said that they aimed for 6-9 months average processing time for 2022. Clearly they are nowhere near that. Not even in the ballpark! Zero accountability, just talk. Why do we pay so much tax to receive such atrocious service. People need to contact their TD's and the media to have this highlighted. Absolute Muppet Show!
nephente wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:14 pm
Yes I meant acknowledgement, apologies.

So out of 3000+, only 3 of them. That's some ratio there...

meself2 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:28 am
meself2 wrote:
nephente wrote:

coolraj28
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by coolraj28 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:29 pm

Palantir wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:51 pm
Looking at the 2023 application timelines thread, those from January 2023 already have their e-vetting! This is outrageous and clearly contradicts the repeated statements by the Minister and Department that applications are processed in chronological order! Someone needs to get this raised in the Dail and/or media!
Yes, I am seeing couple of friend who just applied last month and all of them got e-vetting form.
I have applied in Feb 2022, only got the acknowledgement in July and after that nothing. This is ridiculous...how new people got e-vetting so quick ??