ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Saudia Arabia need help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

baba0007
Newly Registered
India

Travelling to Saudia Arabia need help

Post by baba0007 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:05 pm

Hi I need some information.
I am travelling to saudi Arabia, me and my partner and we have pakistani passports and schengen visa's but starting date of schengen visa are 29th April 2023 and i am travelling to Saudia Arabia on 25th march 2023 and back on 03rd April 2023.
Issue is that, we have transit in Austria VIE Vienna, we also have kids travelling with us as well, and 1 kid have Irish Passport and 2 kids have Irish travel Document.
can we transit through austria boaders? I mean do we need visas as Pakistani's passport holder or it's ok based on our kid as EEA family member?
kindly help
Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Travelling to Saudia Arabia need help

Post by meself2 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:19 pm

Do you need to go outside the departure area?
If you're swapping flights without leaving the transit area, you're certainly fine as you have an Irish residence permit (see https://www.bmi.gv.at/202/Fremdenpolize ... 230207.pdf taken from here).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

baba0007
Newly Registered
India

Post by baba0007 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:27 pm

I have transit of 24 hours, problem is that, i have 3 kids with me, and ages are below then 5 years
do VIE Vienna in austria have hotels inside the airpot?
if not, can they issues visas or let us go for hotel based on our son who is Irish citizen, he EEA member? don't EEA member are allowed to go outside the schengen state? i want to go hotel for few hours with kids, can't have kids for 24 hours in airpot

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:43 pm

baba0007 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:27 pm
do VIE Vienna in austria have hotels inside the airpot?
This is something you have to look up yourself, I'm afraid.
if not, can they issues visas or let us go for hotel based on our son who is Irish citizen, he EEA member? don't EEA member are allowed to go outside the schengen state? i want to go hotel for few hours with kids, can't have kids for 24 hours in airpot
He can come and go as he pleases, but it doesn't mean you (his family members) are entitled to do so as well.
Going by the self-service tool online, you do need a visa:
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... schengen-1
You have a residence document issued by a non-Schengen country and are travelling to a Schengen country

You will need a visa
Same is stated on the VFS website:
https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/aus ... nal-Family
Family members of EEA/EU or Swiss nationals holding a valid Irish Residence permit as demonstrated below, do not need a Schengen visa to enter Austria only if the following 2 conditions are fulfilled:

They are travelling with/joining the EEA/EU or Swiss Family member in Austria.
Their Irish Residence permit bears the following stamp No:
EU family
As your permit is based on an Irish Citizen child, I wouldn't expect you to have a 4EUFam Stamp, which is required in this case to get a visa-free transit.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:53 pm

Also, you stated you were Indian 2 weeks ago and now you're Pakistani.
baba0007 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:36 pm
I am indian national
How did this happen?

baba0007
Newly Registered
India

Post by baba0007 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:10 pm

my wife is indian and i m pakistani, she made this account. thankx 4 help

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:46 pm

You cannot pass through immigration. You will need a visa.

Vienna Airport does not have a hotel airside. You can always try to pass through immigration and ask for a visa on exceptional grounds, but it is unlikely you will get it, unless you have compelling reasons to travel without a visa.