ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we have priority in naturalization application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mahir320
Newly Registered
India

Can we have priority in naturalization application?

Post by mahir320 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:50 pm

Hello , I'm applying ILR (spouse 5 year route) on priority next month and I was wondering once I get ILR can I apply for naturalization ? And can I apply for priority in that ? If not can I travel internationally when my naturalization application is in progress as my grandfather is sick and I might need to leave the country in worst case for few weeks. So planning next few months in advance. Anyone with expiry please help.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Can we have priority in naturalization application?

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:52 pm

mahir320 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:50 pm
And can I apply for priority in that ?
Nope, approximate time frame of 6 months is for everyone.
mahir320 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:50 pm
If not can I travel internationally when my naturalization application is in progress
Yes; it's not an immigration application. You can leave the country while you wait for the outcome.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

secret.simon

Re: Can we have priority in naturalization application?

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:10 pm

Naturalisation applications are not immigration applications, but under different laws and regulations.

Priority service is available for immigration applications, not naturalisation applications.

And yes, you can travel while the application is under consideration. But be sure to have somebody keep an eye on your post.

Once approved, you have 21 days from date of approval of application to contact the local council to get an appointment for the citizenship ceremony and you must attend the citizenship ceremony within 3 months.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.