ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non eu settled status under euss trying to bring non eu children from outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kofi75

Non eu settled status under euss trying to bring non eu children from outside UK

Post by kofi75 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:56 pm

I am asking for a friend,She got a settled status via zambrano under the EUSS.She wants to bring her child under 18 from outside the EU.What route can she use.

secret.simon

Re: Non eu settled status under euss trying to bring non eu children from outside UK

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:38 pm

As she is a non-EEA citizen, she will need to make the same application as a British citizen, proving sole responsibility, an annual income of at least £18,600 for one child (the requirement increases depending on the number of dependents sponsored), etc.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kofi75

Re: Non eu settled status under euss trying to bring non eu children from outside UK

Post by kofi75 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:59 am

Thank you very much for the quick response,.
She is working but receiving benefits(universal credit).
Would she still qualify to sponsor S a parent.?.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:52 am

kofi75 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:59 am
She is working but receiving benefits(universal credit).
Would she still qualify to sponsor S a parent.?.
If you are asking if she can use income related welfare benefits like Universal Credit to meet the £18,600 financial requirement, the answer is no.