ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mayyoo19
Newly Registered

EU Family Permit

Post by mayyoo19 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:14 am

Dears,

My wife is a EU citizen with EU Pre Settled Status. We got married in Jan 22 and since I am a marine engineer (on ship 7/8 months in a year) we have not been able to move to the UK with her. I am now planning to move to the UK and live there. In this case, I just apply for a EU Family Permit to join her in the UK and once in the UK I will apply for a pre settled status is that right? Many thanks! Bartolomeu

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EU Family Permit

Post by NatCam » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:32 pm

"You can apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK if all of the following are true:

you’re the eligible family member of someone from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
your family relationship began by 31 December 2020
your family member was living in the UK by 31 December 2020
your family member will be in the UK when you apply, or will travel there with you up to 6 months later"

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/apply- ... chtenstein