ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

susy1

Post by susy1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:10 pm

ginax wrote:hi guys, after 6 months my husband finally got his visa as was declined first time then accepted on appeal. does anyone know what u do after this as they have sent me a letter as in does my hsband need to come within 28 days. not sure where to go frm here?
Congratulations Ginax!!

the visa should state a valid date and expiry date. Some visas are for 24 months in which case he will have to leave within 28 days from the visa issue date, other cases its 27months where he'll have 3 months to leave.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 pm

susy1 wrote:hi guys,

i thought id share my happy news with you, after 7 months or so my hubbys has got his visa!! the application was refused, we appealed, and the bhc overturned the original decision! only thing is he only has a few days to leave - the embassy and visa centres should all get awards for best communication in the world! not

congrats hope u both veri happi....

anyonr else got any news yet?

imi

Post by imi » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi guys,

Congratulations to Susy1 and Ginax! I hope you all have a wonderful life together with ur partners.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:07 pm

imi - hey is this ur frst settlement apps? were did u apply and when did u submitt it?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:47 pm

ginax wrote:hi guys, after 6 months my husband finally got his visa as was declined first time then accepted on appeal. does anyone know what u do after this as they have sent me a letter as in does my hsband need to come within 28 days. not sure where to go frm here?
Its self explanatory, isnt it? Get your husband a ticket and get him out of there within 28 days. Good luck to you two.
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:49 pm

susy1 wrote:hi guys,

i thought id share my happy news with you, after 7 months or so my hubbys has got his visa!! the application was refused, we appealed, and the bhc overturned the original decision! only thing is he only has a few days to leave - the embassy and visa centres should all get awards for best communication in the world! not
So true !

Good Luck to you guys
Skeptic

imi

Post by imi » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:37 am

naz08 wrote:imi - hey is this ur frst settlement apps? were did u apply and when did u submitt it?
yeh it is my first one. i applied in Islamabad on 18 of Sept.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:22 am

imi wrote:
naz08 wrote:imi - hey is this ur frst settlement apps? were did u apply and when did u submitt it?
yeh it is my first one. i applied in Islamabad on 18 of Sept.
have you heard from them yet? i mean i havnt as of yet it has bin a while....over 2 months......has ur partner bin down der yet to ask?......has ur status changed online? sos wiv all da ques.......

ginax
Newly Registered

Post by ginax » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:55 am

yhh i wish i cood get him a ticket lol but basically visa letter has no date or nothing on it basically only states that its accepted. do we need to wait till he gets a letter asking to send him passport in. am fed up of waiting been a year and a half now:(

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:43 pm

ginax wrote:yhh i wish i cood get him a ticket lol but basically visa letter has no date or nothing on it basically only states that its accepted. do we need to wait till he gets a letter asking to send him passport in. am fed up of waiting been a year and a half now:(
Look, you have to first wait till you get the call letter to submit the passport at your nearest Gerry's VAC. You better make an appointment the same day, as your husband wouldnt be able to go in without an appointment. Gerry's call center is open till midnight, so you should be able to make an appointment.

Then, when your husband submits his passport, it takes between 15-20 working days before he gets the passport back.

You are required to submit your intended date of travel with your passport as per the letter, so you should get your husband to make a pre-booking for a flight around 2 weeks into te passport submission date. The pre-booking costs nothing.

Also, if he gets 28 days or 3 months, the countdown starts from the day the visa is stamped, so you should have enough ime to get your husband out of there.

Good Luck
Skeptic

imi

Post by imi » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Hey guys,

Naz08:No we havent been contacted yet and the website hasn't changed either. We will just wait.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:08 pm

imi wrote:Hey guys,

Naz08:No we havent been contacted yet and the website hasn't changed either. We will just wait.
i fought i was the onli 1 left who hasnt heard from the embassy yet..cuz most of the people have had sum kind of response but i havnt......inshallah we will both get the result we are lukin for.....

jani12345
Newly Registered

hi advice needed

Post by jani12345 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:49 am

Hi im really parishaan. I have applied for my Mrs who is under 21. I sent my documents to her before 27th november, when they went to submit it, they were told that you have to come with an appointment. The earliest appointment they got was for 27th when the new rule came out. They begged for early appointment but no one listened. But they still submitted the documents on the 27th. Do you think that she has any chance of getting her visa? also how long will it take for the response?

What if its rejected, is it worth an appeal? or is there other ways roound it?

RiFF

Re: hi advice needed

Post by RiFF » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:33 am

jani12345 wrote:Hi im really parishaan. I have applied for my Mrs who is under 21. I sent my documents to her before 27th november, when they went to submit it, they were told that you have to come with an appointment. The earliest appointment they got was for 27th when the new rule came out. They begged for early appointment but no one listened. But they still submitted the documents on the 27th. Do you think that she has any chance of getting her visa? also how long will it take for the response?

What if its rejected, is it worth an appeal? or is there other ways roound it?
Nopes. You lost it mate. The rule became effective on the 27th and thats the date your wife applied. So, her application is going to come back for sure with the same reason, underage. Appeal wouldnt help either as it takes the dates into account when the application was made in the first place.

I dont know, but may be you can go the EEA route. There is no way you can apply for a spouse visa to the UK till your wife reaches her 21st birthday.
Skeptic

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:37 am

hey guys i sent an email to BHC on friday normally they reply within 3 days but this time i havnt heard anything. this is a good thing or bad. cuz when ever i have sent an email to the BHC they always reply back on the 3 day but this time i have had nothing. Shall i email them again or wait a few days and see what happens?

imi

Post by imi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:55 pm

naz08 wrote:hey guys i sent an email to BHC on friday normally they reply within 3 days but this time i havnt heard anything. this is a good thing or bad. cuz when ever i have sent an email to the BHC they always reply back on the 3 day but this time i have had nothing. Shall i email them again or wait a few days and see what happens?
Maybe you have bugged them too much that now they recognize u and don't respond to u. lol
I understand where u have come from cuz I have been through this daunting waiting as well. I suggest that one should not make too many unnecessary contacts. We shouldn't contact them just because we are bored of waiting. If u do then you should have a good reason for it and make an effective contact which would stand out and make a good impact. Otherwise they will become apathetic to ur emails or phone calls or visits or any other contact method.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:00 pm

imi wrote:
naz08 wrote:hey guys i sent an email to BHC on friday normally they reply within 3 days but this time i havnt heard anything. this is a good thing or bad. cuz when ever i have sent an email to the BHC they always reply back on the 3 day but this time i have had nothing. Shall i email them again or wait a few days and see what happens?
Maybe you have bugged them too much that now they recognize u and don't respond to u. lol
I suggest that one should not make too many unnecessary contacts. If u do then you should have a good reason for it and make an effective contact. Otherwise they will become apathetic to ur emails or phone calls or visits or any other contact method.
if u dunt bug them they will never contact u..i have onli emaild them 3 times in over 2 months, it is now week 12 n dats how long it tkaes for them to proccess..i fink not hearing from them in ova 2 months is a preety good reason to ask them "whats up". .even my local MP said email them. they should have completed it by now..sumtyms the VAC have ur passports buh dunt bother to inform the applicant thats what he said 2 me....

imi

Post by imi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Hey guys,

naz08: Ok, then that is a good reason. Then make sure the content of your email is something powerful and effective in getting them to respond to u. That's all i could suggest.

But i know these guys, they are lazzy asses. lol
They take their time in doing things.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:10 pm

imi wrote:Hey guys,

naz08: Ok, then that is a good reason. Then make sure the content of your email is something powerful and effective in getting them to respond to u. That's all i could suggest.

But i know these guys, they are lazzy asses. lol
They take their time in doing things.
they are lazy things buh apart frm waiting what else can we do? i mean if the embassy still got the passport then there is nufin we can do realli is there...im not gna email again just gna wait..like i have been...another eid gone by wivout him ere?..plus they are closed for eid arent they?

imi

Post by imi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:58 pm

Naz08: Yeh, all we could do is wait and pray. The BHC takes only one day off, which should be Monday 8th of Dec, unless the Pak Govt is having their eid on Tue. I don't how long is the Gerry's closed for, during eid, though. I hope they're not taking more than 3 days off.

I know how u feel. It is so hard for me to spend the eid without my partner too. We have not spent a single eid together since we have got engaged and married. Anyways, Allah is merciful. Inshallah we will get what we want soon.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:30 pm

imi wrote:Naz08: Yeh, all we could do is wait and pray. The BHC takes only one day off, which should be Monday 8th of Dec, unless the Pak Govt is having their eid on Tue. I don't how long is the Gerry's closed for, during eid, though. I hope they're not taking more than 3 days off.

I know how u feel. It is so hard for me to spend the eid without my partner too. We have not spent a single eid together since we have got engaged and married. Anyways, Allah is merciful. Inshallah we will get what we want soon.
you have bin waiting a while aswell havnt you? hav you not heard any thing? did you ever email them? have you just bin waiting?

imi

Post by imi » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what is the typical time and day for the status to change during a week?

naz08: yeh, my patience is being stretched so much now days. I have not emailed them yet, but inshallah i am going to at the end of this weeks if i don't hear anything from.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:18 pm

imi wrote:Hi guys,

Does anyone know what is the typical time and day for the status to change during a week?
The VAC receives the passports back for delivery from the BHC at 6 everyday. So, usually, the status changes should occur between 6-8 pm
Skeptic

imi

Post by imi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:25 am

Thanks Riff. Wow, u seem to know everything, which is something very useful and lucky for us.

imi

Post by imi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:32 am

Hey guys,

Another quick query and concern, there have been some romours that the British Embassy in Islamabad is moving to Dubai. Has anyone heard about this? If so, will it affect our application process time at all?