ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One year has passed and still have not received any response

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel_ts
Newly Registered
Greece

One year has passed and still have not received any response

Post by angel_ts » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:44 am

In 4 days I will have my 1 year anniversary since I submitted my application and my biometrics.
I have not heard back anything about it. I have chased with emails and I always get the response that is under standard procedure and some procedures are carried out by external agencies. I have friends that applied before and after me and received their answer within 2-3 months.
Is there any other way except the MP and this email: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk I can chase?
It has been really frustrating!

Thank you

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: One year has passed and still have not received any response

Post by Mitonman2022 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:35 pm

I don’t think there is any other way. I applied February 2022 as well and I’m still waiting for a response. It’s been more than a year for me as well. Are you applied on 16th of January submitted my biometrics on seventh of feb and since then have chased with MP, emailed Nationality team but generic response. I’ve been doing my research as well, and it appears the only way forward is to take this matter to Court.

I think it’s just pure chance of the luck, some people to get better decision makers were able to make decisions quickly August we got bad decision makers were just not capable of making decisions in time.

angel_ts
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by angel_ts » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:33 am

Yes I have tried MP and the only response I get is that they are pressuring them and that I will hear soon and if not to email the MP again.
This has been going on since November.
Taking to Court? Wont this take more time and be more expensive?
They should at least have a system so we could check the applications status.
So many people receiving an answer almost instantly comparing to my issue.
I think I will still go the usual ways.

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mitonman2022 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:33 pm

angel_ts wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:33 am
Yes I have tried MP and the only response I get is that they are pressuring them and that I will hear soon and if not to email the MP again.

Yes that’s what I’ve been doing as well. I asked my MP to chase again but was told that this slows Home Office down.

I think only option is patience. I did a SAR request, and received a response back, I looked through the emails and it showed that my application hasn’t been assigned to a caseworker team yet. I was so frustrated when I read that.

I think only option now is to wait and be patient.

Newbritish
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Newbritish » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:40 pm

Some options:

Make a formal complaint against UKVI

Request SAR to trigger them to look at your application - has worked for few people.

If you used the IDV app to submit docs and re use previous bio. Rebook fingerprints at UKVCAS centre - again worked for some people.

Bombard them with emails every few days. Add URGENT to subject line so it goes straight on top to be seen.

Good luck!

The whole external thing is all a lie….most SARs show they just have not assigned it to a caseworker.

Good luck!

neohk

Post by neohk » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:18 pm

Mitonman2022 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:33 pm
angel_ts wrote:

Yes that’s what I’ve been doing as well. I asked my MP to chase again but was told that this slows Home Office down.

I think only option is patience. I did a SAR request, and received a response back, I looked through the emails and it showed that my application hasn’t been assigned to a caseworker team yet. I was so frustrated when I read that.

Hi there
Which level of detail did you go for with the SAR?
Thanks

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mitonman2022 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:45 am

neohk wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:18 pm
Mitonman2022 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:33 pm
angel_ts wrote:

Hi there
Which level of detail did you go for with the SAR?
Thanks
I asked them to provide me with everything but there were multiple redactions but mainly in emails. It made me a bit suspicious of myself, thinking, am I a dodgy character!! ;)

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mitonman2022 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:52 am

I found another email which says that my case been assigned to a ‘special general caseworker’.

I wonder what that means!!

angel_ts
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by angel_ts » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:38 am

Thanks for you responses. They were very helpful. Which lever of SAR did you request so i can do it asap? ?

Thank you

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mitonman2022 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:07 pm

angel_ts wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:38 am
Thanks for you responses. They were very helpful. Which lever of SAR did you request so i can do it asap? ?

Thank you
I asked for ‘detailed’ one.

angel_ts
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by angel_ts » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:01 pm

Thank you again. Do you by any chance have a template for the letter to give permission for the records?
Never done anything like this so not sure what to write.

Thank you again!

Mitonman2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mitonman2022 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:33 pm

angel_ts wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:01 pm
Thank you again. Do you by any chance have a template for the letter to give permission for the records?
Never done anything like this so not sure what to write.

Thank you again!
Date:
SARU ref: SARU-
I, ‘name’ ‘DOB’, give permission for the Home Office to access my records and send these records to me on ‘email address’
Signature: Wet signature required

Sid82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sid82 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:58 am

Hello All,
URGENT
Can anyone tell me that when requesting SAR records, can you send an alternative to the signed/certified photo or possibly miss it out? As that will be difficult to do. Many thanks. Anyone with personal experience of SAR request please share your experience as it will be much appreciated.
Thank you so much

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:53 am

Sid82 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:58 am
Hello All,
URGENT
Can anyone tell me that when requesting SAR records, can you send an alternative to the signed/certified photo or possibly miss it out? As that will be difficult to do. Many thanks. Anyone with personal experience of SAR request please share your experience as it will be much appreciated.
Thank you so much
What do you mean alternative? You got your answer elsewhere. Stop spamming various topics with your question.

Sid82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sid82 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:48 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:53 am
Sid82 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:58 am
Hello All,
URGENT
Thank you so much
What do you mean alternative? You got your answer elsewhere. Stop spamming various topics with your question.
I accidently posted on this thread. I thought I was starting a new topic. I'm a new user. Sorry for that, I certainly didn't mean to spam.
By "alternative" what I meant was that I had read on another SAR thread that you can send a utility bill or something as proof as well during COVID. I wanted to know if others had maybe done that. Sorry again.

gorko
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by gorko » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:02 pm

I am waiting 8 months now. I provided my documents on 4th september, and got email from them that my english text is not valid anymore, since expired (I also paid extra for people to verify if my documents were ok, no one verified seems like, wasted money). So I did test quickly on 10th november and send all reqiured documents back in email. I assume it all restarts once you send new documents, so 6 months would be 10th april. What can I do to actually do any inquiries at all? Is there any designated email address, as I am afraid if i send email to the same address again it will restart :mrgreen: What are my options?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:03 am

gorko wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:02 pm
I am waiting 8 months now. I provided my documents on 4th september, and got email from them that my english text is not valid anymore, since expired (I also paid extra for people to verify if my documents were ok, no one verified seems like, wasted money). So I did test quickly on 10th november and send all reqiured documents back in email. I assume it all restarts once you send new documents, so 6 months would be 10th april. What can I do to actually do any inquiries at all? Is there any designated email address, as I am afraid if i send email to the same address again it will restart :mrgreen: What are my options?
Ask your questions under your own thread. Wait