ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

has1989
Pakistan

Universal Credit

Post by has1989 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:46 pm

Do i need to tell Universal credit team that I am going on Holidays? Holiday is less than a month.

Thanks

blondesafari

Re: Universal Credit

Post by blondesafari » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:29 am

You certainly have to notify them if you are going to be away for two weeks or more.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:57 am

has1989 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:46 pm
Do i need to tell Universal credit team that I am going on Holidays? Holiday is less than a month.
If that holiday is outside the UK, you always need to inform the relevant benefit agency staff (in this case Universal Credit) that you are going to be leaving the UK, even for a holiday.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:04 am

blondesafari wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:29 am
You certainly have to notify them if you are going to be away for two weeks or more.
If it is abroad, you have to tell the relevant benefit office/offices EVERY time you want to travel abroad, even for a visit.

Claiming benefits if you live, move or travel abroad

Benefit fraud

You’re committing benefit fraud if you:

do not tell the office that pays your benefit you’re going abroad, even if it’s just for a visit
deliberately do not report a change in your circumstances while abroad, like buying a property, working, or claiming a pension or benefit from another country
are dishonest in order to get benefits, like continuing to claim the pension or benefit of someone who has died overseas
https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:57 am

And there is no holiday on Universal Credit from jobseeking/looking for more hours/looking for a better paid job, even if the claimant has a holdiday in the UK: the claimant must be avaible to work, or attend the Job Centre if told to do so.