ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with no recourse to public funds lift application

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Monserrat

Help with no recourse to public funds lift application

Post by Monserrat » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:46 pm

Hello all

I was wondering if anyone has ever applied for a no recourse to public funds to be lifted from their visa category. So as to be able to have access to certain benefits due to resulting disability from illness. If so which application form is to be used and what is the processing time in your experience?

Background. Someone here mentioned it to me in a previous post when I asked on behalf of my uncle who was in hospital due to a stroke if he was entitled to any benefits. ( Sorry I don't know how to input link here) I remember asking and NRPF lift was mentioned as possible advice at the time. Now am asking because I am not sure about the process and costs involved. Please can someone who may have had similar experiences advise on how they applied and what documents will be needed?

My uncle is on a 10 year route to settlement and is still in hospital and Limited physically. He cannot work and would ideally need assistance once he leaves hospital.he has been receiving sick pay from work but now it's not full pay anymore and my aunt is struggling. They have a British child. Uncle is due to make an application for a 3rd extension in August time. I wondered if also a few waiver would apply in his circumstances when it comes to renewing the visa.

Thank you for your time.

secret.simon

Re: Help with no recourse to public funds lift application

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:25 pm

What precise visa is he on at the moment?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:54 pm

Thank you.

He was granted private life 10 year route after their Britain born son acquired his British citizenship at 10 years old.

He is due a third extension later this year and will be eligible to apply for ILR after 2.5 years.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:15 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.