ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching back stamp 1g from stamp1 due to redundancy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

achunags
Newly Registered
India

Switching back stamp 1g from stamp1 due to redundancy

Post by achunags » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:40 pm

Hi Team,

I have entered ireland with stamp1g as the spouse of critical skill permit holder. Later I got a job un Ireland and the employer applied work permit for me and my visa status changed to stamp1.
Unfortunately, my role is made as redundant in the company and I am moving out of it involuntarily.

Now, I want to move back to stamp1g which will allow me to work without permit.

Please let me know if this is possible and what are the steps

Thanks
Archanaa N

meself2
Ireland

Re: Switching back stamp 1g from stamp1 due to redundancy

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:57 pm

You have about 6 months to deal with it now, see https://enterprise.gov.ie/djei/en/what- ... edundancy/
Holders of Critical Skills/Green Cards or General/Work Permit Employment Permits
Holders of such employment permits must notify the Employment Permits Section of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment within 4 weeks of the redundancy on the prescribed Redundancy Notification Form and you have up to 6 months from the date on which you were made redundant to find another job.
I hope you notified DETE.

Do you live in Dublin or outside Dublin?
If in Dublin, submit the same documents to website as if you're renewing it (see below), plus cover letter explaining your situation. Otherwise, you should go to your local station with the spouse and documents below.

Documents (taken from https://www.irishimmigration.ie/require ... s/#stamp1g):
The biometric page of you and your spouse’s/ de facto’s current valid passports. This is the page that shows your photograph, passport number and date of birth.
The front and back of you and your spouse’s/ de facto’s current IRP card. This is the credit-card sized plastic card you received when you last registered your permission.
The work permit of your spouse / de facto partner or the hosting agreement of your spouse / de facto partner.
Proof of your private medical insurance. Insurance MUST cover accidents & medical incidents including hospital stays for the duration of your residence. Travel insurance is NOT sufficient for Visa Renewal.
Proof of your continuing de facto partner relationship (if applicable).
See if they allow you to switch. If they don't, you'd have to apply for permission from ISD.
I sent a snail mail letter to them and got a response within 10 days, allowing me to switch, so you should be grand in any case.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.