ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to UK after 14 years as Skilled Worker Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eshmal
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Moving to UK after 14 years as Skilled Worker Dependant

Post by Eshmal » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:42 pm

My husband went to UK on student Visa in 2007. Later he converted the status into IGS (International Graduate Scheme). During his IGS visa status i also applied twice to join him as dependant but both time my visa was rejected due to financial requirements.

On 2nd rejection in 2008, i made appeal. It took longer to get my appeal successful. But during that my husband was removed from entry of port in UK and 320 (7b) was imposed with statement that he used false documentation and deception to obtain his last visa. In this regard he was removed from UK. He paid his travel expenses by himself. I got call later from UKBA to submit my passport upon winning appeal but i didnot submit because my sponsor my husband was removed.

Just want to ask and clear that how the above history can impact on both of us as i am planning to apply for Tier-2 Skilled Migrant and he as my dependant. Specially how it will impact on his visa as dependant as he was removed from UK in 2009.

Please someone guide.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Moving to UK after 14 years as Skilled Worker Dependant

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:38 am

Eshmal wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:42 pm
My husband went to UK on student Visa in 2007. Later he converted the status into IGS (International Graduate Scheme). During his IGS visa status i also applied twice to join him as dependant but both time my visa was rejected due to financial requirements.

On 2nd rejection in 2008, i made appeal. It took longer to get my appeal successful. But during that my husband was removed from entry of port in UK and 320 (7b) was imposed with statement that he used false documentation and deception to obtain his last visa. In this regard he was removed from UK. He paid his travel expenses by himself. I got call later from UKBA to submit my passport upon winning appeal but i didnot submit because my sponsor my husband was removed.

Just want to ask and clear that how the above history can impact on both of us as i am planning to apply for Tier-2 Skilled Migrant and he as my dependant. Specially how it will impact on his visa as dependant as he was removed from UK in 2009.

Please someone guide.
While it needs to be declared, should not impact the application negatively as he paid his own way out of UK and any ban on his immigration to UK lapsed after 10 years.
Do make sure that all documents are genuine especially if an immigration agent is handling your application.