ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds for Youth mobility Visa (India Scheme)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Funds for Youth mobility Visa (India Scheme)

Post by rubyracer2 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Dear gurus, the ballot for Tier 5 visa for Indian applicants opened today. If the expression of interest succeeds, we have 30 days to apply for the visa.

There is a funds requirement for £2530. One of my family members is interested in the visa. Can I pay into his bank account the day the EOI is selected and apply for the visa on the 29th day? This will satisfy the 28 day requirement .

Will the Home office want to have the money staying around for longer?

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Re: Funds for Youth mobility Visa (India Scheme)

Post by SarjanNartan » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm

Dear Sirs & Forum members,
I have got similar query regarding Funds for youth mobility visa for Indian migrant. I know someone filled form and got selected to apply for Youth Mobility scheme, she is in UK since last 2 and half years on PSW was looking for sponsorship, but now was looking to apply as got selected for YMS.
Is this a good move and is it worth it for future Visa application toward settlement?

I have learnt reading eligibility that if you are in UK you do not need to show funds? Is that right I have read and understood correctly?

She has fund £2100
& something in her savings account now and on Thursday she will get salary makes for required funds of £2530.
But then 28days of timeline is not getting , as she received email to apply on 9th March and she has to apply by 7th April, so getting this fund holding in accounts for 28days is not getting.
So genius advisers we need your help here to understand What to do in this case.
Her Parents in India has money in their account can show statements and she can show £2100 28days will that count?
What type of proofs she needs for this financial requirements?
Please advise soon so that we can plan things accordingly.
Many thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:48 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:59 pm
Can I pay into his bank account the day the EOI is selected and apply for the visa on the 29th day?
This will satisfy the 28 day requirement .

Will the Home office want to have the money staying around for longer?
As you say, the requirement is 28 days requirement. Where are you reading that the requirement is secretly longer than that?!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:54 am

SarjanNartan wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm
I have learnt reading eligibility that if you are in UK you do not need to show funds? Is that right I have read and understood correctly?
Where are you reading that this will apply to Indian nationals?

Because the Rules are clear that the only people who can apply in the UK are New Zealanders adding an extra year under the new 3-year provision for them. See Appendix Youth Mobility Scheme paragraph YMS 1.4 A:

YMS 1.4.A. An applicant who is applying for permission to stay must:
(a) be a New Zealand national in the UK;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ity-scheme
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.