ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA revoked, will it affect my B2 application?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bmar7
Newly Registered
Finland

ESTA revoked, will it affect my B2 application?

Post by bmar7 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:19 pm

Hello - I had my ESTA revoked last year after I tried entering into the US without a return flight. I'm applying for the B2 visa but I'm curious if this prior situation will interfere in my application? Do I need to fiile for a waiver of inadmissibility before applying for the B2 visa?

Thank you!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: ESTA revoked, will it affect my B2 application?

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:53 am

bmar7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:19 pm
Hello - I had my ESTA revoked last year after I tried entering into the US without a return flight. I'm applying for the B2 visa but I'm curious if this prior situation will interfere in my application? Do I need to fiile for a waiver of inadmissibility before applying for the B2 visa?

Thank you!
Every previous visa issues has a direct or indirect reflection on the next application. The good thing is that you now get to plead your case. You must be able to give a valid reason why you made this rookie mistake at your upcoming interview.

Not sure what the waiver would actually achieve.

You were treated like an intended absconder.

Americans aren't so forgiving. Pray you meet a nice person at the consulate.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!