ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA - Questions and K1 Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mickey1112
Newly Registered

ESTA - Questions and K1 Visa

Post by mickey1112 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:47 am

Hi,

I'm a British citizen. I have travel to the US before with my ESTA and in May I want to visit again to see my girlfriend I was stop and my ESTA was rejected. I ask the immigration officer why it because I have applied for something at the American Embassy. Fastforward, I want to apply for K1 visa. Will that have any issue with my application?? For my ESTA I was told I should apply at the Embassy for visa. I don't have any criminal record.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: ESTA - Questions and K1 Visa

Post by Ticktack » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:53 am

mickey1112 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:47 am
Hi,

I'm a British citizen. I have travel to the US before with my ESTA and in May I want to visit again to see my girlfriend I was stop and my ESTA was rejected. I ask the immigration officer why it because I have applied for something at the American Embassy. Fastforward, I want to apply for K1 visa. Will that have any issue with my application?? For my ESTA I was told I should apply at the Embassy for visa. I don't have any criminal record.
Just curious, where you stopped in the UK or the US? And what transpired exactly.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mickey1112
Newly Registered

Post by mickey1112 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:59 am

In the UK. I really don't know why, but I was told I need to contact the Embassy to sort a visa that I have pending which I later find out that I did have a halfway application for a visiting visa awhile back during covid. That all. I have tried to apply again at it seems like I need to apply through the Embassy if I want to travel to the US.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:20 pm

mickey1112 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:59 am
In the UK. I really don't know why, but I was told I need to contact the Embassy to sort a visa that I have pending which I later find out that I did have a halfway application for a visiting visa awhile back during covid. That all. I have tried to apply again at it seems like I need to apply through the Embassy if I want to travel to the US.
Unfortunately, once your ESTA gets denied, you get treated like a visa national moving forwards. Meaning you need a visa to enter the USA, as you've rightly mentioned.
It's not exactly the end of the world. A bit more expensive and not as instantaneous but doable.

If you do go for the interview, and if visa is granted. You need to ask the consular officer if you're free to get an ESTA upon expiry of your visa, or you have to be back at the Embassy next time.

Before October 1, 2022 you could have travelled to Canada and entered the USA by road with an ESTA requirement. Not anymore.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

mickey1112
Newly Registered

Post by mickey1112 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:50 pm

Question??

Can you have a i-129 pending application and apply for a visa from the US embassy to visit the US?? I have friend that need answer.