ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GENERAL VISITOR VISA QUERRY

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

GENERAL VISITOR VISA QUERRY

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:43 pm

Hello dear immigration experts, I hold a UK indefinite leave to remain visa and want to grant my sister, her husband and two children who reside in the USA a visitor visa invitation. I want to state in the invitation letter I can accommodate them ( a family of 4), however I only rent a two bedroom flat and I'm wondering if a two bedroom flat will be deemed okay to accommodate a family of 4. They live and work in the USA and intend to provide bank statements of their own as proof they will take care of other expenses and not rely on public funds while in the UK. Will it be advisable to use my two bedroom flat as evidence of their accommoation or will they have to look for alternative accommodation that will be deemed suitable for their visit? Your advise is kindly welcome

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: GENERAL VISITOR VISA QUERRY

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:55 am

You have not stated the status of current or usual occupancy of your 2 bedroom flat.
Should other requirements easily met and sufficient balance reflecting on bank accounts of applicants or your income, it may be stated they will put up near you in an hotel, Airbnb and or any such establishment.

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:49 pm

I am the only named tenant and occupant of the two bedroom flat, which consists of two double bedrooms and a living room, which is open plan with Spam. If I say i will accomodate them, it will mean i will occupy one bedroom and my sister and family of 4 will occupy the other room, which I fear may be deemed as overcrowded. Does it matter how the sleeping arrangement is done, for instance if I decide to sleep in the living room and grant the two bedrooms to my sister, her husband and their 2 children. Their 2 children are both below 10, for clarification. If this is not possible I may just ask them to book accommodation close by

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:54 pm

tsar_bomb36 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:49 pm
I am the only named tenant and occupant of the two bedroom flat, which consists of two double bedrooms and a living room, which is open plan with Spam. If I say i will accomodate them, it will mean i will occupy one bedroom and my sister and family of 4 will occupy the other room, which I fear may be deemed as overcrowded. Does it matter how the sleeping arrangement is done, for instance if I decide to sleep in the living room and grant the two bedrooms to my sister, her husband and their 2 children. Their 2 children are both below 10, for clarification. If this is not possible I may just ask them to book accommodation close by
The occupancy of the accommodation as you described above is OK. The living room will be taken as a sleeping space.

tsar_bomb36
Ghana

Post by tsar_bomb36 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:53 pm

Thank you so much for your reply