ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit for dependent member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anti-cool
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit for dependent member

Post by anti-cool » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:38 am

It seems for elder parents we need to prove the dependency for EEA family permit.

Does someone know what documents are accepted for financial dependency? We just share Bank statements?

If there are also medical issues (high blood pressure, diabetes), live alone/widow, do we just provide a document from doctors?
Any feedback on what Home Office accepted would be helpful

kamoe

Re: EEA Family Permit for dependent member

Post by kamoe » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:16 pm

anti-cool wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:38 am
It seems for elder parents we need to prove the dependency for EEA family permit.
The EEA route, and therefore the EEA Family Permit, no longer exists. You might be referring to the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit.
Does someone know what documents are accepted for financial dependency? We just share Bank statements?
I'm afraid, financial dependency is not sufficient; so no, bank statements alone will not do it.
If there are also medical issues (high blood pressure, diabetes), live alone/widow, do we just provide a document from doctors?
Any feedback on what Home Office accepted would be helpful
And I'm afraid common health issues/elderly living alone are also not considered sufficient justification for dependency of parents. One needs to prove that their situation is such that they need specialized care that is unavailable in their country of residence. As such, the Home Office has made it virtually impossible to bring parents under the EU Settlement Scheme, when this proof is necessary.

This question comes up often, and sadly the answer is each case is different, and to my understanding there is no one blanket formula to achieving a succesful application.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.