ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covid concessions for settlement

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Oppenheimer78
Newly Registered

Covid concessions for settlement

Post by Oppenheimer78 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:51 am

Hello All

Hope everyone is well.

I have just got my T1E extension basis Covid concessions. Applied in October 22.
I have a few queries please, as I am quite confused about the rules.

1) I combined 3 separate jobs (which had lasted for 2 months each) with multiple (5+) employees to get to the overall "hours" requirement at time of extension. Obviously, I used the Covid concession. Can I continue the same "multiple jobs (3+)" approach until ILR?

2) Alternately, can I continue same (3+ jobs) approach for at least 12 months since September 22?

3) It took 6 months for the extension. The 8 months of job creation during this period that is already past- will that count for the 12-month job requirement of the "1st period"?

4) If not, it is practically not possible to complete 12+12 months from now to the time the visa runs out, as the job requirement for the business remains the same. What does this mean?

Does anyone else have a similar dilemma, or insight on this? Mods, please could you help?

Thank you.

marcnath

Re: Covid concessions for settlement

Post by marcnath » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:14 pm

Oppenheimer78 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:51 am
Hello All

Hope everyone is well.

I have just got my T1E extension basis Covid concessions. Applied in October 22.
I have a few queries please, as I am quite confused about the rules.

1) I combined 3 separate jobs (which had lasted for 2 months each) with multiple (5+) employees to get to the overall "hours" requirement at time of extension. Obviously, I used the Covid concession. Can I continue the same "multiple jobs (3+)" approach until ILR?

2) Alternately, can I continue same (3+ jobs) approach for at least 12 months since September 22?

3) It took 6 months for the extension. The 8 months of job creation during this period that is already past- will that count for the 12-month job requirement of the "1st period"?

4) If not, it is practically not possible to complete 12+12 months from now to the time the visa runs out, as the job requirement for the business remains the same. What does this mean?

Does anyone else have a similar dilemma, or insight on this? Mods, please could you help?

Thank you.
1) No
2) No, it has to be from the grant of extension
3) Not relevant - you have already met the requirement for the 1st period
4) Not clear why it is not possible. You have an extension for 24 months and you need two jobs in that period of 12 months each.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Oppenheimer78
Newly Registered

Post by Oppenheimer78 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:27 pm

Hello Marcnath

Thank you for the response.

1) For my 1st visa period, I had only 2 months of employment at time of extension application, and 8 months now. (6 months was the decision waiting time).

I am clear on the extension 2-year period to ILR of course- I need to have 2 jobs of 12 months each.

But what about the 1st period? Since I availed the Covid concession, I am sure they will ask for a complete 12 months each of 2 jobs as well for the past period.
I have only 8. And even those 8 months - I don't know if they will be counted.
This was the concern and query.
Do I need to have another 12 months of 2 jobs for satisfying the "1st period" or will the 8 months be counted for that (and I need 4 more)?

Please could you guide now that the concern is hopefully clearer?

2) Also, on the other query- While you say I can't combine 3+ jobs, I trust I can combine Part time employees to make up 2 FT jobs. I guess the job roles will need to be the same 2 roles now. This also runs counter to the Covid concession note though, which says "you can combine multiple jobs to make up 2 FT jobs". Are you saying the Covid concession no longer applies from extension to ILR?

Do let me know please

Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:00 am

Oppenheimer78 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:27 pm
Hello Marcnath

Thank you for the response.

1) For my 1st visa period, I had only 2 months of employment at time of extension application, and 8 months now. (6 months was the decision waiting time).

I am clear on the extension 2-year period to ILR of course- I need to have 2 jobs of 12 months each.

But what about the 1st period? Since I availed the Covid concession, I am sure they will ask for a complete 12 months each of 2 jobs as well for the past period.
I have only 8. And even those 8 months - I don't know if they will be counted.
This was the concern and query.
Do I need to have another 12 months of 2 jobs for satisfying the "1st period" or will the 8 months be counted for that (and I need 4 more)?

Please could you guide now that the concern is hopefully clearer?

2) Also, on the other query- While you say I can't combine 3+ jobs, I trust I can combine Part time employees to make up 2 FT jobs. I guess the job roles will need to be the same 2 roles now. This also runs counter to the Covid concession note though, which says "you can combine multiple jobs to make up 2 FT jobs". Are you saying the Covid concession no longer applies from extension to ILR?

Do let me know please

Thanks
1) You mentioned in the OP that you met the full requirement of "overall" hours. Now, it appears you have not. So, yes, you need to fulfill that additional job requirement.
The guidelines are not very clear whether you need to meet that in the extension period. To be very safe, you should. But I suspect that you may be able to get away with two jobs of 12 months each even if part of it is in your initial grant. That is a risk you will have to take.
2) Yes, you can continue to combine Part time employees to make up the 2 FT jobs. There is no requirement for them to be be same roles - just that each job (PT or FT) has to last for 12 months each.
I am quite sure the Covid concession does not apply now. One of the conditions of the COVID concession was that you need to demonstrate the business was effected by Covid. You can't meet that condition now.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Oppenheimer78
Newly Registered

Post by Oppenheimer78 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:50 am

Thank you Marcnath.

You mention " They do not need to be the same roles".

Does that mean I can combine for e.g., 1 Sales, 1 Admin, and 2 Retail assistants (all working PT) to make up 2 FT jobs?

The individual role descriptions here are different. Can I combine their working hours into 2 jobs?

I don't have the need for a FT Sales job or a FT admin one at the moment.

Please guide.

Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:05 am

Oppenheimer78 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:50 am
Thank you Marcnath.

You mention " They do not need to be the same roles".

Does that mean I can combine for e.g., 1 Sales, 1 Admin, and 2 Retail assistants (all working PT) to make up 2 FT jobs?

The individual role descriptions here are different. Can I combine their working hours into 2 jobs?

I don't have the need for a FT Sales job or a FT admin one at the moment.

Please guide.

Thanks
Yes, you can. As long as each of the PT roles have lasted for 12 months each.