ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Free waiver accepted

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Free waiver accepted

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:56 pm

If fee waiver is accepted does this mean partner automatically gets access to benefits after we apply for visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Free waiver accepted

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:17 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:56 pm
If fee waiver is accepted does this mean partner automatically gets access to benefits after we apply for visa.
No, access to benefits is not automatic. Only if the visa is approved, will the BRP state if there is no recourse to public funds or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:17 pm
hussain1988 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:56 pm
No, access to benefits is not automatic. Only if the visa is approved, will the BRP state if there is no recourse to public funds or not.

In general if one thinking if they got fee waiver accepted cause HO can not make anyone destitute if paying for the visa leads to this or has no means of paying that means most likely they will get access to public funds.

I wonder if anyone has had a fee waiver accepted for visa and IHS but didnt get access to public funds after they applied for visa

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:50 pm

When making your application for further leave then you should clearly state you require access to public funds due to risk of hardship/destitution and state the exceptional circumstances eg children, health issues etc….
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.