ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WIFE'S SETTELEMENT APPLICATION!!!, PLZ HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

WIFE'S SETTELEMENT APPLICATION!!!, PLZ HELP

Post by moroccanvisa » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Hi,

My wife is Moroccan and she has filled out her visa application as a spouse online.

She turned 21 today so she went to the embassy to apply for her visa, they took a look at her documents (original & copies).

The documents she took were:

Her passport
Her Criminal Record also translated into English
Her Birth Certificate also translated into English
My 6 months wage slips
My 6 months bank statements
My P60
My contract of work
My Pay review
Copy of my passport
Copy of my driving licence
My birth certificate
Proof of her residence (internet bill)
Phone Cards
E-mails (not too much but confirms we have been in contact)
Wedding Photographs
Marriage Certificate also translated
Land certificate confirming my father owns the house
Accodamtion report with a declaration from father stating it is ok for us to live rent free and without paying any bills.

Would you feel this is sufficient information?

After looking at the documents, they took the photocopies and gave back the original to my wife. Then they took a photo of my wife and took her fingerprint details, but told her to come back in 6 weeks 22nd January 2009.

Is this normal practice, i know some embassies practices differ due to their locations but could it be due to Christmas near approaching be the main reason.

Plz help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Last edited by moroccanvisa on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi this sounds normal. The photo and fingerprints are for her biometrics that everyone has to do when submitting application forms.So don't worry and good luck for the 22nd .

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa For Spouse

Post by moroccanvisa » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi,

I get paid on the 18th of every month so the last wage slip i have sent is for the month of November.

Would it help my case if i sent my wage slip for December and a bank statement for December as the interview date is in January?

Also what happens when my wife goes back in January?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Why do you want to present your wifes criminal record as document for a visa?????

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

Post by moroccanvisa » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:27 pm

batleykhan wrote:Why do you want to present your wifes criminal record as document for a visa?????
When she filled out her application online, they sent a conformation e-mail detaling the relevant documents required, and it stated they requested her criminal record even if it is clean, beats me????

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Definately needed for applications in Morocco...you were right to included it. Waiting time for interview is normal for Rabat.

scorpiolady

Re: WIFE'S SETTELEMENT APPLICATION!!!, PLZ HELP

Post by scorpiolady » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:45 pm

moroccanvisa wrote:Hi,

My wife is Moroccan and she has filled out her visa application as a spouse online.

She turned 21 today so she went to the embassy to apply for her visa, they took a look at her documents (original & copies).

Her passport
My 6 months wage slips
My P60
My contract of work
My Pay review
Copy of my passport
My birth certificate
Phone Cards
Wedding Photographs
Accodamtion report with a declaration from father stating it is ok for us to live rent free and without paying any bills.

After looking at the documents, they took the photocopies and gave back the original to my wife. Then they took a photo of my wife and took her fingerprint details, but told her to come back in 6 weeks 22nd January 2009.

Is this normal practice, i know some embassies practices differ due to their locations but could it be due to Christmas near approaching be the main reason.

Plz help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Hi,

A couple of things I see that will be picked up in your application. One is the bit where you say 'Accodamtion report with a declaration from father stating it is ok for us to live rent free and without paying any bills'

Third party sponsorship is not allowed in spouse visa applications and the fact that you would be living rent free and not paying any bills will definitely be seen as your Father funding you as a couple and you will be refused on this alone. You (the UK spouse) will need to prove that you yourself can support you and your wife. You HAVE to pay your share of bills, otherwise it is clear that your Father is supporting you, and this is not allowed. A budget plan would have helped showing your contribution to household expenses.

It might be best too if your Father could also provide mortgage papers or a certified copy of the deeds of the house if it's owned outright and some form of proof that you're not going to be overcrowded when your wife comes to live with you. Have you anything like utility bills with your name on?

Did you also provide a certified copy of your passport and other documents?...photocopies aren't accepted.

Did you provide a sponsor letter outlining how you met, how your relationship developed and your future plans? Have you got any other proof of the relationship?...such as photographs of you together, itemised phone bills, greetings cards you've sent to each other, how many times you have met..if indeed you have met?

Sorry, I don't want to put the damper on things but the criteria you have to meet to get a spouse visa is for you to provide proof of:

a) finances (which I believe you have covered in terms of your sending wage slips etc but not in terms of you being able to provide evidence you can support yourselves without recourse to public funds or relying on others)

b) whether the relationship is genuine and subsisting (just because there's a marriage certificate and wedding photo's doesn't mean the relationship is subsisting)

c) accommodation issues You need to ensure that you provide proof of accommodation, that the accommodation is suitable and certainly not overcrowded. (For example you could say you lived in Buckingham Palace with just 3 of you there but actually live in a cupboard with 7 of you)...they don't know and can't assume either....but you see what I mean.... evidence is what they look for.

If these things haven't been covered properly then the ECO may take the view that you have not met the criteria and refuse the visa.

I wish you well anyway!
Scorpiolady

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

Post by moroccanvisa » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 am

scorpiolady wrote:
moroccanvisa wrote:Hi,

Her passport
My 6 months wage slips
My P60
My contract of work
My Pay review
Copy of my passport
My birth certificate
Phone Cards
Wedding Photographs

Plz help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Hi,

A couple of things I see that will be picked up in your application. One is the bit where you say 'Accodamtion report with a declaration from father stating it is ok for us to live rent free and without paying any bills'

Third party sponsorship is not allowed in spouse visa applications and the fact that you would be living rent free and not paying any bills will definitely be seen as your Father funding you as a couple and you will be refused on this alone. You (the UK spouse) will need to prove that you yourself can support you and your wife. You HAVE to pay your share of bills, otherwise it is clear that your Father is supporting you, and this is not allowed. A budget plan would have helped showing your contribution to household expenses.

It might be best too if your Father could also provide mortgage papers or a certified copy of the deeds of the house if it's owned outright and some form of proof that you're not going to be overcrowded when your wife comes to live with you. Have you anything like utility bills with your name on?

Did you also provide a certified copy of your passport and other documents?...photocopies aren't accepted.

Did you provide a sponsor letter outlining how you met, how your relationship developed and your future plans? Have you got any other proof of the relationship?...such as photographs of you together, itemised phone bills, greetings cards you've sent to each other, how many times you have met..if indeed you have met?

Sorry, I don't want to put the damper on things but the criteria you have to meet to get a spouse visa is for you to provide proof of:

a) finances (which I believe you have covered in terms of your sending wage slips etc but not in terms of you being able to provide evidence you can support yourselves without recourse to public funds or relying on others)

b) whether the relationship is genuine and subsisting (just because there's a marriage certificate and wedding photo's doesn't mean the relationship is subsisting)

c) accommodation issues You need to ensure that you provide proof of accommodation, that the accommodation is suitable and certainly not overcrowded. (For example you could say you lived in Buckingham Palace with just 3 of you there but actually live in a cupboard with 7 of you)...they don't know and can't assume either....but you see what I mean.... evidence is what they look for.

If these things haven't been covered properly then the ECO may take the view that you have not met the criteria and refuse the visa.

I wish you well anyway!
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm that my father has provided me with copy of the deeds of the house as my father owns the property, as well as an accommodation report that was done by a local mp detailing that he inspected the property and it will not be overcrowded, the report also details exactly who would be living in the property and how many bedrooms etc.

The declaration is not a third part sponsorship as the declaration only entails that my father declares he owns the property and he allows me and my wife to live in the property rent free and without paying any bills.

I have provided 6 months bank statements showing regular payments monthly as well as my 6 months wage slips and a p60, i think that covers my finances which will show (i hope) that i can financially support me & my wife.

It referenced to regular contact, i have sent e-mails, phone cards and i will be also flying out to morocco on the 26th December for 3 days to be with my wife.

I also sent copies of pages of passport where the Moroccan authorities have stamped when i came to morocco twice on the 10 August 2008 & then again on the 12th October 2008 and i will make a copy of the recent trip as well to provide that we are keeping in regular contact.

Juts an update my wife applied online and was advised to go the embassy on the 3rd December when she finished her application she received an e-mail stating:

* completed application form VAF2
* Your old passport or a copy of it
* Evidence of funds available to you, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months
* Evidence of your current accommodation, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, utility bills, etc.
* Your original marriage certificate* evidence of your sponsors accommodation in the UK, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, etc.
* Evidence of your sponsors employment or intended employment in the UK, for example a contract or offer of employment, salary slips, etc.
* Evidence of contact between you and your sponsor for example letters, email, telephone bills, etc.
* You must now apply in person with your printed application, the supporting documents listed above and the appropriate fee to the address shown at the top of this page between 8:00 - 10:30 Monday to Fridays.
* Application fee in cash in Moroccan Dirhams* your current passport with a minimum of six months validity
* One recent passport photograph (not more than six months old and with a white background)
* Evidence of funds available to your sponsor in the form of bank statements and pay statements covering at least the last three months* PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU BRING ORIGINALS AND PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS
Please note that the Entry Clearance Officer reserves the right to request further documents if necessary.

I have all the necessary documents above and as you can see they have requested photocopies.

When she went to the embassy they took a look at her original documents & her photocopies

They asked for everything and requested copies, they took the copies gave my wife the originals and gave her interview date as well as taking her biometrics, they advised her to bring everything back on the 22nd January as well anything else that would help her case.

Yes i have certified copies of my passport stamped by a local mp in Birmingham.

I hope that helps, i apperciate your response and i would be grateful if you can provide me more details regarding my case.

Thank you once again

scorpiolady

Post by scorpiolady » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:46 am

Hi,

You state 'The declaration is not a third part sponsorship as the declaration only entails that my father declares he owns the property and he allows me and my wife to live in the property rent free and without paying any bills'.

As I said in my original post...'Third party sponsorship is not allowed in spouse visa applications and the fact that you would be living rent free and not paying any bills will definitely be seen as your Father funding you as a couple and you will be refused on this alone'.

Unless you understand this is how the ECO will view it as you're not paying your own way then don't be surprised if you get a refusal....ask any OISC consultant
Scorpiolady

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:40 am

Scorpiolady is right. You must show a contribution towards food and bills...even if you don't actually have to pay anything to your father.
As you probably know, Rabat is one of the toughest when it comes to issuing spouse visas, and you will need a watertight application.

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

Post by moroccanvisa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Casa wrote:Scorpiolady is right. You must show a contribution towards food and bills...even if you don't actually have to pay anything to your father.
As you probably know, Rabat is one of the toughest when it comes to issuing spouse visas, and you will need a watertight application.
Thanks for both your responses.

I do pay £50 to my mother every month as a contribution towards the household, would that be classed as contribution, and a BT direct debit comes out of £30-£50 every month which i pay on behalf of my parents.

Would that be classed a contribution

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

Post by moroccanvisa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:58 pm

scorpiolady wrote:Hi,

You state 'The declaration is not a third part sponsorship as the declaration only entails that my father declares he owns the property and he allows me and my wife to live in the property rent free and without paying any bills'.

As I said in my original post...'Third party sponsorship is not allowed in spouse visa applications and the fact that you would be living rent free and not paying any bills will definitely be seen as your Father funding you as a couple and you will be refused on this alone'.

Unless you understand this is how the ECO will view it as you're not paying your own way then don't be surprised if you get a refusal....ask any OISC consultant
Thanks for both your responses.

I have sent my wife a spreadsheet to take with her to the embassy, could you give me your feedback to confirm if this is what they are looking for.

Bus Pass Monthly - £45

BT Broadband & Phone Bill Direct Debit - £30-£50

Sponsorship of Orphans (Ummah Welfare Trust) - £65

Pas as you go Top Up (International Phone Cards) - £50-£100

Restaurant Meals/Take Away Food - £25-£60

Clothes & Shoes - £40-£80

Cinema - £10-30

To Mother to help with the household - £100

Snooker/Pool - £10-£30

Remaining = £491.78 (On Average)

Thank you again for your speedy responses

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:03 pm

That looks fine to me, but you don't have to include personal spending...only bills and contribution to the household.

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

Post by moroccanvisa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Casa wrote:That looks fine to me, but you don't have to include personal spending...only bills and contribution to the household.
Thanks again for your speedy response.

I understand i only need to add bills and contribution to the household.... but the list i have provided would make the ECO understand better regarding my monthly budget.

I would appericate your response thanks again :D

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:20 pm

No harm in including the personal spending...but not mandatory. Good luck with the application. :)

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

Post by moroccanvisa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:09 pm

scorpiolady wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your response.

In all honesty i give roughly £50-£100 to my mother to help around the house and i just pay the BT Broadband & phone bill, is that sufficient enough for the ECO.

I dont pay the regular household bills i.e. gas, electric, after etc. would that have an effect on my application.

Thanks again for your response.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:17 pm

No problem. As long as you've shown a contribution that's fine.

moroccanvisa
Newly Registered

Post by moroccanvisa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Casa wrote:No problem. As long as you've shown a contribution that's fine.
Hi,

Thanks a million to the both of you.

Just a quick question in regards to your name (casa) have you got married from Morocco or you are a Moroccan, just a bit curious if you dont mind.

You said Rabat are very strict in their issuing of spouse visa's, are you speaking out of experience.

Thanks again

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:42 pm

My husband is Moroccan, and we married in Spain before moving to the UK :) I'm in contact with quite a few couples who have applied in Rabat.
PM me if it helps.