ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received Italian citizenship while on IRP stamp 4EUFAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Samik77
Newly Registered

Received Italian citizenship while on IRP stamp 4EUFAM

Post by Samik77 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:26 pm

Dear all,

My wife has been naturalized Italian while on permanent resident permit Stamp 4EUFAM so she’s now an EU citizen. We are planning to leave Ireland and to move somewhere else in the EU so my question is: do we need to let INIS know or as of freedom of movement we can just leave Ireland and that’s it?

Many thanks

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Received Italian citizenship while on IRP stamp 4EUFAM

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:09 pm

I am assuming your wife has informed the Italian authorities from the start she has moved to ireland and applied for EUFAM? And I am assuming she had informed INIS from the start she has applied for Italian citizenship?

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:40 pm

Maybe I was not fully clear. My wife has been naturalized Italian thanks to our marriage and the application has been dealt by the Embassy in Ireland, so yes, the Italian authorities were of course aware of her stamp4 EUFAM😅. Moreover, when you apply to have the permanent resident card while still waiting for the Italian citizenship, I don’t remember there is something to fill out in the application form in regards of any EU citizenship work in progress. So, I don’t understand your question 🤔 And my question was just if we can pack and leave somewhere else as know she doesn’t have any restrictions due to the freedom of movement in the EU😊

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:07 pm

You don’t need to inform INIS but it would be good to. Just send EU treaty department an email explaining the situation. They will mark the record in their file and it will help your wife when she passes through the border in future.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:30 pm

Thank you 🙏🏻