ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to submit evidence when applying for BRC for Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aarontran2506
Newly Registered
Vietnam

How to submit evidence when applying for BRC for Settled Status

Post by aarontran2506 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:06 pm

Hi all

I have received the email from Home Office on 13/04/2023 that my settled status has been GRANTED.

I am applying for the BRC to prove that status so I can travel, the online status checking service on gov.uk is no use when travelling abroad.

I have booked the appointment with UKVCAS but i'm so confused with what documentation I need to provide.
On the Home Office website when I apply for the BRC, after I submitted the application, it says the next step is
"You must book and attend an appointment with UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) to provide your evidence and biometrics"

The "evidence" in my case is only proof of address and my current BRC issued under EEA.
So far, so good.

Then I went to book an appointment with UKVCAS and over there it says this under the EU Settlement Scheme:
"UKVCAS cannot accept any additional supporting documents either via self-upload online or at the UKVCAS Service Point during your appointment."

What the heck??? So who do I give the evidence to????? The Home office website didn't have any option to upload evidence, and it asked me to provide evidence and UKVCAS, and UKVCAS website says they cannot take any evidence under the EU settlement scheme.

So what do I do?

Bazinga_

Re: How to submit evidence when applying for BRC for Settled Status

Post by Bazinga_ » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:36 am

aarontran2506 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:06 pm
Hi all

I have received the email from Home Office on 13/04/2023 that my settled status has been GRANTED.

I am applying for the BRC to prove that status so I can travel, the online status checking service on gov.uk is no use when travelling abroad.

I have booked the appointment with UKVCAS but i'm so confused with what documentation I need to provide.
On the Home Office website when I apply for the BRC, after I submitted the application, it says the next step is
"You must book and attend an appointment with UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) to provide your evidence and biometrics"

The "evidence" in my case is only proof of address and my current BRC issued under EEA.
So far, so good.

Then I went to book an appointment with UKVCAS and over there it says this under the EU Settlement Scheme:
"UKVCAS cannot accept any additional supporting documents either via self-upload online or at the UKVCAS Service Point during your appointment."

What the heck??? So who do I give the evidence to????? The Home office website didn't have any option to upload evidence, and it asked me to provide evidence and UKVCAS, and UKVCAS website says they cannot take any evidence under the EU settlement scheme.

So what do I do?
What you’ve provided on the .gov website is enough. You provide the documentation at the end of the application.

In the ukvcas website there is also the option to add your documentation. Follow the steps through the application carefully and you will come to the part that asks you to submit any documentation . That’s what I did in my case unless they’ve recently removed that option. Did mine last year