ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office wrong decision and changed 5 years route to 10 years route.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

wrony13

Home office wrong decision and changed 5 years route to 10 years route.

Post by wrony13 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:36 am

Hi guys,please help
My wife applied for her visa extension last Sept 2022,she was on 5 years route,i have ILR,when she applied i was on 24k years and provided 6 months pay slips and she passed english test and provided certificate too,we too priority service but we received decision that i dont meet salary requirements and she didnt provide english test certificate to they put her in 10 years route.my solicitors requested reconsideration nothing happened till now,what should i do now?we really dont want to go through this 10 years long process?please advice me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Home office wrong decision and changed 5 years route to 10 years route.

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:42 am

What is the wording of the letter taking out personal info?

When did you get the visa outcome?

Did your solicitor apply for admin review or simply a reconsideration? They are not the same thing.

Which English test and level did she do for the extension?

How did you meet the financial requirement? Are you PAYE employed, self employeed, direct of a Ltd company, employed by a family business etc etc.?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:13 pm

Hi
No there wasn't any right for administrative review, he did a normal reconsideration request.i was employed, she passed A1 speaking and listening test. The wording was as follows :
12 July 2022, under the Appendix FM 5-year partner route.

However we have decided that you meet the requirements of the 10-year partner route under paragraphs R-LTRP.1.1.(a), (b) and (d) of Appendix FM. You have been granted on this route under EX.1 as it would be unreasonable to expect you to leave the UK because you have a British child.

The circumstances of your family in the United Kingdom require you to demonstrate that you meet the financial requirement of £18,600 per year

You have failed to demonstrate that you or your partner have an annual income of £18,600 per year either separately or with combined earnings. You therefore fail to fulfil E-LTRP.3.1 to E-LTRP 3.3 of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

For further guidance on finance please visit https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility

You have not provided evidence that you have achieved a qualification in English language at a minimum of level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages as stated in Appendix O of the Immigration Rules. You therefore fail to fulfil E-LTRP.4.1A to E-LTRP 4.2 of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

For further guidance on English Language please visit https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility
Accordingly you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain on the 10-year partner route under paragraph D-LTRP.1.2. of Appendix FM.

We have decided that your application does not meet the requirements of paragraph GEN.1.11A. of Appendix FM. Your grant of limited leave to remain in the UK is therefore subject to a condition of No Recourse to Public Funds. This means you are not entitled to receive public funds to help meet your living and accommodation costs (or those of any dependants). In addition your sponsor is not entitled to claim or receive public funds on your behalf.

Further information on what this decision means for you is set out on the next page.
Yours sincerely,
GE
FLR(M)

on behalf of the Secretary of State

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU NO ROA
You cannot appeal this decision.

Biometric Residence Permit
A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover. We have endorsed your BRP with limited leave to remain in the United Kingdom for 30 months.

You should receive your permit within 7 working days. A leaflet will accompany the permit which will give you more information about it.

However, if you do not receive the permit within 10 working days of the date of this letter or you find a mistake on your permit, please use the service at www.gov.uk/brp.

Alternatively, you can inform us by post providing your full name, date of birth, nationality and contact details to the address below:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ
Returns Unit
P.O. Box 163
Bristol BS20 1AB

Please note that on delivery the courier will require proof of identity and a signature to confirm receipt of the package.

You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received your BRP.

If you previously held a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) you must now return it to the Home Office as it is no longer valid. You should cut the card in half and post it in a plain, windowless envelope. If you are returning the BRP from within the UK then please send it to: BRP Returns, P.O. Box 195, Bristol, BS20 1BT. If you are returning the BRP from outside of the UK please send it to: BRP Returns, Home Office, Conference House, Conference Avenue, Portishead Office Park, Portishead, Bristol. BS20 7LZ. You may be subject to a financial penalty if you fail to return your old BRP.

Furthermore, if your BRP is lost or stolen you must tell the Home Office or risk a financial penalty. Details about reporting lost and stolen BRPs are on our website at: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged.

Employment
You may establish a business or take employment without the need to apply for a work permit.

Public Funds
The term “public funds” is defined in paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules.
Information on the list of public funds which you are not allowed to claim can be found on GOV.​UK at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/publ ... blic-funds.

It is a condition of your stay that you must not receive any public funds. This condition is shown on your Biometric Residence Permit as “no public funds”.

If you do claim and receive any public funds to which you are not entitled, you will breach the conditions of your stay. Breaching the conditions of your stay is a criminal offence under section 24 of the Immigration Act 1971. This may result in your prosecution for that offence and/or curtailment of your leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom. It may also result in any future application for further or indefinite leave to remain being refused.

However, there are some circumstances in which people who have the condition “no public funds” recorded on their BRP may be able to receive some public funds due to an exception. For example, there may be an agreement between the United Kingdom and their home country.

There are also benefits which you may be entitled to receive that are based on National Insurance contributions and are therefore not classified as non-contributory public funds.

To find out if this applies in your case, you should ask the agency or local authority responsible for the particular fund(s).

If you have received a public fund due to an exception or because you are entitled to it based on your National Insurance contributions, you will not be regarded as having had recourse to public funds. Claiming and receiving any of these benefits will not breach your conditions of stay.

Police Registration
If you have been required to register with the police you are no longer required to do so. Further information regarding who is required to register with the police can be found on GOV.​UK at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/police-registration.

Future Applications
You should apply for further leave in the prescribed manner no more than 28 days before the expiry of your current leave. If you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused. Please note you must continue to meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules, including at the time of all future applications. If you meet the criteria set out in the Immigration Rules, you will be given a further period of up to 30 months limited leave to remain.

Following a continuous period of lawful leave to remain in the UK of at least ten years (120 months), and subject to meeting the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time, you will be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Information on making a future application can be found on GOV.​UK at: www.gov.uk/visas-immigration.

If your relationship breaks down or your circumstances change during the period for which you have been allowed to stay, but you want to remain in the UK, you will need to apply and qualify to stay in the UK on a different basis. Details of how you can do this can be found on GOV.​UK at the above address.

You can also seek assistance from an immigration advisor, however this is not mandatory, and choosing to use an immigration representative would be at your expense. If you do choose to appoint an advisor they must be registered with the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) or be a qualified solicitor registered with the Law Society – details will be on the respective websites.

If you have any questions about this letter, please access the information on GOV.​UK at: www.gov.uk/uk-visas-immigration.

https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... sasurveyuk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:46 pm

You haven't answered all my questions.

If she did A1 English test, this is the wrong test for an extension. Did she do a ukvi approved test at an approved test centre? She should have done A2 for an extension or B1 could have also been done.

What is your employment situation and type? This is important as different types have different requirementa to meet the financial requirements. What evidence exactly did you submit to prjvetou meet the financial requirement? Just payslips?

To get back on the 5 year route, you have to apply again, meeting all the requirements with evidence. Her 5 year ILR clock will start again from zero if granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:13 pm

Yes,i have supplied my pay slips and contract from my employer.
The test she took says A1 certificate in ESOL.
When we calculate my wages it was 22k yearly.
The english test was advised by my solicitor.
Now where i stand in this situation and what should i do to get her back to 5 years route.
Following was tge email from solicitor regarding English test

As discussed, your wife must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in at least CEFR level A1 in Speaking and Listening in support of her application. The link below will assist you.

https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... gJZjfD_BwE

I have also attached a template to give to your employer.
Thank you so much for helping.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:29 pm

Your lawyer doesn't seem to know the rules. Just another example on the forum of applicants suffering due to so called solicitors giving incorrect advice. Did you do any research yourself on the requirements or just follow what the solicitor said?

For an extension, it English A2 minimum. This is clearly stated on ukvi's website.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english

To prove your financial requirements, you were required to submit 6 months payslips, 6 months corresponding bank statements to prove the salary income in your bank account and an employer letter (not employment contract) as clearly detailed on the ukvi website and in Appendix FM 1.7.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

Are your wages/salary rhe same every month or do they fluctuate? If they fluctuate, ukvi uses the lowest amount to calculate your 6 months pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:51 pm

Yes bank statement was provided, salary last 6 months was fluctuating as follows
March2022 gross pay 772
April 2022 gross pay 836
May 2022 gross pay 1976
June2022 gross pay 1976
July 2022 gross pay 1976
August2022 gross pay £2052
So according to HO website if i calculate 6 months total as 9588÷6=1598x12=19176 this is what my solicitor calculated.was that right?

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Wed May 03, 2023 2:52 pm

wrony13 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:51 pm
Yes bank statement was provided, salary last 6 months was fluctuating as follows
March2022 gross pay 772
April 2022 gross pay 836
May 2022 gross pay 1976
June2022 gross pay 1976
July 2022 gross pay 1976
August2022 gross pay £2052
So according to HO website if i calculate 6 months total as 9588÷6=1598x12=19176 this is what my solicitor calculated.was that right?
CR001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:29 pm
Are your wages/salary rhe same every month or do they fluctuate? If they fluctuate, ukvi uses the lowest amount to calculate your 6 months pay.
You only worked part-time in March 2022 and April 2022, with March being the lowest wage. Your March wage was used to calulate your 6 months wage: £772.00 x 6 = £4632.00.
Last edited by JB007 on Wed May 03, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Wed May 03, 2023 2:55 pm

What should i do now in this situation?how do i get her back on 5 years route?please advice.thnx

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:01 pm

wrony13 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:55 pm
What should i do now in this situation?how do i get her back on 5 years route?please advice.thnx
CR001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:46 pm
To get back on the 5 year route, you have to apply again, meeting all the requirements with evidence. Her 5 year ILR clock will start again from zero if granted.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 03, 2023 3:10 pm

wrony13 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:55 pm
Another victim of solicitor error, he calculated meeting the financial requirements wrong.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 03, 2023 3:15 pm

Even if you met the financial requirement under E-LTRP.3.1., 1, 13, failing the English language extension requirement under E-LTRP.4.1A. puts her on the 10 year route under D-LTRP.1.2.

If she subsequently switches back under the 5 year route, then her 5 years continuous qualifying period for ILR under E-ILRP.1.3. was broken and starts again.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:54 pm

Thank you so much guys for all of your responses.you guys are really amazing and no doubts knows a lot.should have done my research. I cant see any point of going further as she came here in 2019 November so 10 years finishes 2029 and if we apply again it finishes 2028.no point.
But now where im standing with solicitor who dealt it wrong?what sort of action i can take against him?pls advice.

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Thu May 04, 2023 4:02 am

First discuss it with your solicitor and make them aware of their mistake. If I were you I’ll also ask for a refund of the fee you paid.

You can also lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman, see link below:

https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/how-w ... r-journey/

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

Whats about if i want to sue the firm for their negligence and careless behaviour and misleading for what im going to lose 5 years?what would be the procedure and who should i contact. Thnx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 05, 2023 3:12 pm

wrony13 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am
Whats about if i want to sue the firm for their negligence and careless behaviour and misleading for what im going to lose 5 years?what would be the procedure and who should i contact. Thnx
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rm-english

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 05, 2023 3:32 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:16 pm

hi guys
regarding my above matter i have been trying to get things sorted with my solicitor but he has been ignoring till now so far,so i have decided to make a formal complain about him.
in the mean time i spoken another solicitor how can i sort this situation out as i dont want to go for 10 years long route,he said apparently i can make a new application with all the right documents and it will bring me back to 5 years route and first 2.5 years will be counted as well so im losing max 1 year which is this current year .
so my wife came november 2019,if we apply again and she get visa in 5 years route then she can apply for ilr in november 2025 if she get new visa by november this year,is it correct?
i thought i will double check with you guys before making another mistake.
please help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:11 pm

No.

E-ILRP.1.3.
(1) Subject to subparagraph (2), the applicant must, at the date of application, have completed a period of continuous residence in the UK of at least 5 years (60 months) with the following:
  • (a) leave to enter granted on the basis of entry clearance as a partner granted under paragraph D-ECP.1.1; or
  • (b) limited leave to remain as a partner granted under paragraph D-LTRP.1.1; or
  • (c) a combination of leave under (a) and (b).
Time spent on other rules breaks the 5 years continuous residence requirements.

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:31 pm

Hi guys
Thanks for all of ur cooperation. Its really frustrating now for me as i paid £100 and discussed with a barrister and he said my wife first 2.5 years will be counted if she make a fresh application now and will add up to next 2.5 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:11 pm

wrony13 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:31 pm
Hi guys
Thanks for all of ur cooperation. Its really frustrating now for me as i paid £100 and discussed with a barrister and he said my wife first 2.5 years will be counted if she make a fresh application now and will add up to next 2.5 years.
Solicitor is wrong.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:35 am

wrony13 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:31 pm
Hi guys
It seems you have some bread to spread around, note that there will always be takers.
Stick to sound advice you got already. Should you have further questions ask.

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:01 am

Hi
Thanks for ur kind advices guys.the most frustrating thing here is even though i have proof of all communication with my solicitor advicing me for A1 test and salary requirement before applying for her extension, i still cant sort it out.so basically for his mistake im suffering and lost 5 years and even cant get and compensation feom himor reconsideration from home office. Nothing for victims like me.