ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deadline for the result of endorsement-Stage 1 Peer Review in British Academy

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

caez87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Deadline for the result of endorsement-Stage 1 Peer Review in British Academy

Post by caez87 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:36 am

Hi,

I sent my application for endorsement on 17 January for Route 4 (Peer Review) in British Academy.

When I checked the official website (https://www.gov.uk/global-talent-resear ... eer-review), Peer review endorsement applications usually take 5 weeks.

However, when I received the first email, it is also said I should wait about 8 weeks.

5 or 8 weeks? This week is the 5th week of my application and I have not received any response. There are those who received endorsement within 2-3 weeks, so I do not think positively about the outcome of my application.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Deadline for the result of endorsement-Stage 1 Peer Review in British Academy

Post by lolo2 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:32 am

Despite the timeline given by the Home Office on the website, the endorsing body usually will give you a more realistic timeline after receiving the application. I guess that's the first email you received saying 8 weeks.

One thing you can do is asking the person who provided the recommendation letter. If they were contacted by the British Academy, it can give an idea on how the application is progressing.

caez87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Deadline for the result of endorsement-Stage 1 Peer Review in British Academy

Post by caez87 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:44 am

I received this email from Home Office. I checked the endorsing body, British Academy's website; it is said that; Under Route 4 (Peer review), Stage 1 of the application process can take up to eight weeks from the time the Home Office receives your application. Within these eight weeks, the relevant endorsing body will usually return an endorsement decision within five weeks. (https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk/int ... questions/)

I understood British academy has decided within 5 weeks but Home Office will return within 8 weeks. But I could not understand why I need to wait for extra 3 weeks.

For another issue, I think the initial screening and checking reference letters has finished because in the 1st week, I received an email from Home Office and they said British Academy will continue my application in Exceptional Promise category (I have applied for Talent category). So I think my application fulfill the minimum requirements for Promise category and my application will forward to reviewer for peer review. But I am confused the exact deadline for peer review process.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:20 pm

I completely can relate your concern, the information for this GTV programme tends to be ambiguous and very confusing. Many who applied for this route have had similar questions.
Under Route 4 (Peer review), Stage 1 of the application process can take up to eight weeks from the time the Home Office receives your application. Within these eight weeks, the relevant endorsing body will usually return an endorsement decision within five weeks
The times given by the HO and BA can differ, but I think that quote provides a more realistic information (as it comes from the endorsing body). Five weeks from the date of application for the BA to assess and return the endorsement decision to the HO, and then three more weeks for the HO to give you the outcome.

This is your fifth week so the BA should be in the process of informing their decision to the HO. Also important to ponder the change on the category from talent to promise, it might (or not) add extra time to the process.

Don't think about the time of someone else's application, there are a number of factors that can affect this process. You need to be patient and keep a positive mindset.

Aichell
Newly Registered

Post by Aichell » Tue May 09, 2023 7:26 pm

Hi, just wondering if you were able to receive your endorsement? I hope you have!