ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - ILR Application Follow up

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

es2017
Newly Registered
Iran

Set (O) Application for ILR - Tier 1 Dependent Child

Post by es2017 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:50 pm

Hi,
I am currently completing my application for ILR which is due to be submitted in February 2023. I have added my spouse and child on the application. My child is now 20 years old, however, when I completed the application, there was no question for his life in the UK test reference or English language requirement.
It was strange as the section for my spouse included those details but my son's section did not! How do I submit those details with the application? My understanding is that he needs to complete both Life in the UK and English Language Test as he is over 18.
I have tried to search the gov.uk guide and could not really figure out if I should exclude him and apply separately for him? I would really appreciate if you can let me know the right process.

Thanks you,

ES

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set (O) Application for ILR - Tier 1 Dependent Child

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:59 am

You need a separate SET(O) application for him
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

es2017
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: Set (O) Application for ILR - Tier 1 Dependent Child

Post by es2017 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:56 am

Thank you

es2017
Newly Registered
Iran

ILR - Eligibility Period starting date

Post by es2017 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:18 pm

Good evening,

Can you kindly advise which of the following dates is the one I can use as my starting date to calculate my 5 years time for ILR application?

- My Tier 1 visa application was approved by the UK embassy on 26th of February 2018
- My BRP card was issued on 4th March 2018
- My visa vignette was issued on 18th of March 2018
- I have entered the UK on the 22nd of March 2018

Kind regards,

ES2017

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR - Eligibility Period starting date

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:52 pm

es2017 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:18 pm
Good evening,

Can you kindly advise which of the following dates is the one I can use as my starting date to calculate my 5 years time for ILR application?

- My Tier 1 visa application was approved by the UK embassy on 26th of February 2018
- My BRP card was issued on 4th March 2018
- My visa vignette was issued on 18th of March 2018
- I have entered the UK on the 22nd of March 2018

Kind regards,

ES2017
Use visa vignette issuance date.

es2017
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: ILR - Eligibility Period starting date

Post by es2017 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:17 am

Thank you!

es2017
Newly Registered
Iran

Tier 1 - ILR Application Follow up

Post by es2017 » Fri May 12, 2023 3:13 pm

Good afternoon,

I have received an email from Home Office today asking me to provide the following:

1. Financial Accounts showing the directors investment in the creditor notes (if paid by directors loan agreement) or share notes (if paid through shares).
2. Directors loan agreement for £200,000 or share certificates for £200,000
3. RTIs for the most recent LTR to the ILR application date
4. Payslips to the most recent application date
5. Accountant letter

For points (1) & (2) I am surprised to know that they still need to verify my investment despite the fact that I have already provided this when I applied to extend my Tier 1 visa 2 years ago. Can I simply say that this was already provided or do I need to resubmit all those documents?

For points (3) & (4) I have already submitted all pay slips for the 12 months which I have employed 2 full time equivalent. What do they mean when they say Payslips to the most recent application date?

For point (5) What is an accountant letter and what should it say?

I appreciate if you can give me some insights about this.

Regards,

ES

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 - ILR Application Follow up

Post by marcnath » Fri May 12, 2023 3:38 pm

es2017 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:13 pm
Good afternoon,

I have received an email from Home Office today asking me to provide the following:

1. Financial Accounts showing the directors investment in the creditor notes (if paid by directors loan agreement) or share notes (if paid through shares).
2. Directors loan agreement for £200,000 or share certificates for £200,000
3. RTIs for the most recent LTR to the ILR application date
4. Payslips to the most recent application date
5. Accountant letter

For points (1) & (2) I am surprised to know that they still need to verify my investment despite the fact that I have already provided this when I applied to extend my Tier 1 visa 2 years ago. Can I simply say that this was already provided or do I need to resubmit all those documents?

For points (3) & (4) I have already submitted all pay slips for the 12 months which I have employed 2 full time equivalent. What do they mean when they say Payslips to the most recent application date?

For point (5) What is an accountant letter and what should it say?

I appreciate if you can give me some insights about this.

Regards,

ES
It appears to be a cut and paste list.

1 and 2 - strictly speaking you are not required to provide that evidence. So you can reply to say it has been submitted for extension and you are not required to provide it. However, if you have the document, no harm in submitting it again.
3. The request is not for payslips. It is for RTI filing. Check with your accountant and provide that.
4. Recent application date is the same as your ILR application date unless you have made any other applications/variations after that (which I think you have not)
5. The accountant letter is normally needed if you have joined/taken over a business. Not for a new business. You will find the requirements that accountant letter in the guidance. It is not clear if that is what is requested for. So up to you - you can ask them to clarify or you can ask your accountat to give the letter as set out in the guidance for businesses joined.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

es2017
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by es2017 » Fri May 12, 2023 4:56 pm

Thanks for your response.

Points 1&2 : I will provide them with previous documents submitted for my extension application.
Points 3&4 : Can I submit the annual statement from HMRC which includes all the details of PAYE and NI which were submitted through my payroll system?
Point 5 : My business was a new business and therefore, I will mention that no Accountant Letter is required.

Thanks,

ES

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri May 12, 2023 6:29 pm

es2017 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:56 pm
Thanks for your response.

Points 1&2 : I will provide them with previous documents submitted for my extension application.
Points 3&4 : Can I submit the annual statement from HMRC which includes all the details of PAYE and NI which were submitted through my payroll system?
Point 5 : My business was a new business and therefore, I will mention that no Accountant Letter is required.

Thanks,

ES
3 and 4 - They have specifically asked for the RTI, so you need to submit those. RTI is a required document.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

anxiousapplicant25
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by anxiousapplicant25 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:20 pm

Can I enquire whether you've heard back from Home Office following the request for additional documents?