ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of role?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kmpmba
Newly Registered
India

Change of role?

Post by kmpmba » Wed May 24, 2023 7:50 pm

Hi I am employed as an Programmer SOC 2136, my responsibility is the same as stated in my Job Description initially but the company has now started to pick outside jobs which I can do, basically additional revenue stream for the company, but I was hired as programmer for an in-house projet (Retail and hospitality industry) but time and again, based on my skills there have been external jobs as well.

Will this in any way constitute towards change in role?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Change of role?

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu May 25, 2023 2:03 pm

Are you undertaking work for other companies on a daily rate type scenario?

kmpmba
Newly Registered
India

Post by kmpmba » Thu May 25, 2023 4:50 pm

No, I do not undertake any work on a personal basis or work elsewhere, it is my employer who uses my skills now to get work from the market to generate revenue whereas I was hired to work for an internal companies need I still do the same job but now sometimes I have to now work on outside jobs picked by my employer and given to me but billed by them. I do not mind it as I work within my skill and Job description.

I ask this based in how the home office would see it, is this change in role of a migrant worker if I included it in my visa renewal cover letter to demonstrate my responsibility and work skills including being able to help generate additional revenue for the company.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu May 25, 2023 4:57 pm

From the information given you are doing contract work for other businesses. This is generally referred to as third party working, which is in basic terms, the supply of labour only service. This breaches your Sponsors duties as a PBS licence holder and leaves them open to potentially losing their licence.

Unfortunately there are 100’s if not 1000’s of IT companies doing this, despite the risk to their business and the migrant workers.

kmpmba
Newly Registered
India

Post by kmpmba » Thu May 25, 2023 9:09 pm

Thank you, this was for a friend and I suspected the same as you mentioned and hence came here and asked for second opinion. I am going to advise him to refuse such tasks and moreover change the employer to avoid such risks.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu May 25, 2023 9:37 pm

I would not advise your friend to refuse to do the work, I think they would quickly find themselves unemployed. I do not condone any form of Sponsorship abuse and it is ultimately the responsibility of the Sponsor to follow the guidance. While your friend would technically be complicit it is highly unlikely direct action would be taken against them.

The secondary issue would be if their employer was to lose their license when / if the Home Office were to become aware.

If your friend wants to do something to avoid their position it would probably require them to find a legitimate sponsor that does not get involved in contract work on a supply of labour basis.